Sign in to follow this  

How to start

I want to make repaint for fs2002.This is the first time I try it and I don't really know how to start.I can't open the .bmp texture files with photoshop or mspaint.How should I start?Thanks

Ok the big first step is using the image tool (i think it is coming with the F2k2 pro version,im not sure the standard edition has it).Here is how to find it (win explorer):http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e08b4c0659417a9.jpg(If you planing to use this a lot place a shortcut on your desktop)You'll get this:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e08b5c26801a42a.jpg here you can change the format,for MSPaint 24bit or less,Photoshop can handle 32bit color depth.Watch out you can loose the alpha channel in conversion.Make sure you back up the original just in case.Well there is lot more to this but it could take pages and pages of typing here and i'm lazy as hell,look around here and you will find good tutorial links for sure.Happy Holidays!

It doesn't come with FS2002 Standard Edition but there are plenty of freeware programs out there similar to that one, ie DXTbmp I believe is a good one, or at least thats the one I use. It seperates the alpha channels for you and then exports back to the FS2002 bmp's with incorporated alpha channels, nice easy to use.Clod

Hey Towman,Is that, by any chance, an An-2 texture in your picture? :D