Sign in to follow this  

Bill Morad

In case those who rarely (if ever) visit the General Discussion Forum haven't heard, Bill Morad - the wonderful gentleman who created the WHM-Sound gauges for us, along with a bunch of other gauges - died last night from a massive coronary.I know that I'll never fail to think of Bill every time I click an XML gauge and hear a sound...Every new a/c or panel the F.A.R.T.S. team releases that uses his WHM-Sound gauges will have a brief tribute to Bill Morad in the credits section. His contributions to the flightsim community will be sorely missed.

Yeah... I heard from that... Very sad news. Now there's a big black box around the top of Avsim's news... :'( My prayers with him and her family.

Bill was an exceptional gauge author. I use his ATC gauge in all of my panels. He designed it after I posted a question as to whether it was possible to do such a gauge. He was a good friend via e-mail and will be sorely missed by me and all the others that have known him and used his gauge designs. I worked with him, Heather, and all of the other great members of the Duck Design Group on the Duck project. His innovative designs were superb. My deepest sympathy and condolences to the family.Happy Flying in Heaven, Bill!Bob

Guest harry3

I just had a look at the emails we've exchanged.He always was very friendly and interested in other things.Also my condolence to his family.Have a look at our flying from heaven,Harry :-(

Oh my, this is sad news indeed. We've had a quite a few mails "tossed at eachother", both for fun and sim. He was a great inspirator (?) for the freeware "industry".My condolences to family and friends, which I know he had lots of here.Fly in peace Bill, we won't forget all you that you have made possible for us.(Sorry to sound "weird", but I'm not very good with words when something like this happens - hard to find them, and get all mixed up when I type them).