Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

can anyone help me with the new pushback........

i've downloaded the new pushback gauge and it is not working at all. i do not even see the button or icon that i should press. one more thing... does anyone know the coordinates for all the panels for fs2002.

Guest Van

Hi,Did you follow the directions? You have to place the files in the appropriate folders and you also have to edit each panel cfg for the aircraft that you wish to use this gauge with. I have the pushback gauge working fine with my PIC panel/Posky aircraft. I opted to not use the toggle button on the PIC panel as the panel lighting can interfere with it. I simply use key commands to open the pushback window. If you wish to access all panels in FS2002, you simply locate your main FS2002 folder and expand it. Once you do this you will see your aircraft folder, you need to expand this folder as well and it is there you will see all the aircraft you have installed. If you expand the folder for each aircraft you will see the panel folders. It is in these folders that the panel cfg resides. You can open the panel cfg with notepad for editing purposes. The instruction file included with the pushback gauge gives a perfect example of what to put in your panel cfg's to get the gauge functioning properly.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Tip:- find another Icon in the panel.cfg, eg. the Kneeboard.- put a // at the beginning of this line- now use these coordinates and gaugenumber for the Icon_Pushback line, so you'll know it's at a visible position and you use a unique gauge number.Rob

Hi Van,Just for my curiosity:How did you solve the "Pushbacksound at startup" problem , if you're not using the Icon_Pushback ?Or did you just take that for granted :-) ??Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest Van

Pushback sound at startup?...enlighten me as I have zero problems. The toggle is simply used to open the pushback window and I opted to just use a keyboard assignment to open the window rather then installing the toggle on my panel. All pushback sounds are functioning perfectly as are my engine sounds during startup while pushing back from the gate.Regards,Van LatendresseYeodesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Hi Van,Are you using the "reset Magneto" XMLcode from the Icon_Pushback.xml in any way ?If not: - select the Cessna 172, start the engines.- select a Boeing again (with engines On)- Then you'll know what I'm talking about :-)If you always start up with Engines Off, than you won't have a problem indeed.Cheers, Rob

this may be a dumb question but i really don't know. how do you know what coordinates to use in the panel.cfg file so that the icon for pushback will be there when you start your flight. this is or any aircraft i chose for it to be in.

Guest Van

You have to experiment when it comes to gauge placement on a panel. If you have a program like FS Panel Studio (payware) then you can simply drag and drop your gauges, but if you do it manually by opening and editing the panel cfg I would suggest to look for an area on the panel that you would like to place the gauge and then find the nearest gauge to that location and reference it's coordinates. Like I said previously, the first two sets of numbers will move the gauge on your panel and the third and sometimes fourth sets of numbers is for sizing the gauge. There really isn't much to it and after you've done it a few times, you will be able to do it in your sleep.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

thank you Van. now i have another problem. i am able to get the icon and the pushback countdown. now i have no movement nor does the counter counts down. when i click on p/brakes and i set my numbers in the timer. when i click on the down arrow icon nothing happen. am i missing something else?....one move thing where can i get that payware for fs studio?

Guest Van

Flight1.com has FS Panel Studio available for download and I think you can also order the CD if you prefer.I'm not sure what your problem is in regards to your pushback gauge. If you have your parking brake set and then set your counter you should be fine. I do it in that order and then click on the pushback button following the voice commands and all works out perfectly. You may want to check the Avsim library as the pushback gauge was updated a few days ago to version 1.1Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

thank you Van. i found the problem and it works great. not to install it in the rest of my aircrafts. thank you and everyone else for helping me with this. thank you acid