Sign in to follow this  

FSDS2 Tires

I have a created a right tire, and copied it and flipped it over the X axis. It looks great, same shape, same placement on opposite side, but when I animated it, it turned backwards. Anyone know what I can do to correct this? The tire goes through some rather complex movements during extension and retraction so I am hoping to not have to rebuild and reanimate it through all the sequences. Thanks

In gMax, I'd try flipping the orientation of the pivot point of the wheel. There should be one component of your pivot that is parallel to the axle; try putting it on the other side of the wheel. Not sure how directly this applies to FSDS2.Matt

check the axis of the part, when you flipped it the Z axis could be the wrong way round

I tried to duplicate from your description and the only way I managed to get the rotated and x-axis and z-axis which would cause your reverse rotation, is by actually going to Transform->Rotate y=180 and selecting either the "complete part" or "axis only".Doing a basic copy/paste, the changing the sign in the parts properties from + to - (or - to + if you started with the left tire), and then Transform->Flip -> flip X doesn't cause the rotated axis.Check again your process, you might have made a rotation someplace.

Felix, It worked by rotating Y 180 deg. Thank you much:)