Sign in to follow this  

GMax Blues.

LOLAvcomware, you're talking to the guy who was able to teach me many VERY useful aspects of GMAX. How interested do you think he is now to ever help you again. In fact, its amazing that he figured out what ur problem was, as your emotions made it very difficult to read about ur problem. But Dan did, and then offered you a precise solution. Your own ignorance kept you from realizing that he'd offered you the solution, so you bad mouth?I SINCERELY suggest you abandon GMAX. You don't have the patience or the humble personality required to learn a tool like this. By striking out when you are confused, you just alienate the community of folks that have bent over backwards to help me. If you just give up now, you'll save everyone from the difficult decision of trying to help someone who is dead set convinced that his problems have been caused by bad software that he won't accept the solutions that are offered.Dan may be a bit upset, but I don't blame him....when you've gone to the trouble to solve someone's problem, and then you take crap...tends to bother most folks.

Thank you Bob! I am sorry but it gets the hackles on the this old back of mine up when I see people respond with so little respect when several people have tried their best to give someone help.Anyway please do have a great new year!. Dan

Hi, Bob and Dan. I am sure that you will never get to understand what I am talking about, because you are not willing to listen to the actual specifics. Some of these messages remind me, of a love bird behavior. Fun!!! Maybe some day you will try to do what I pointed out, and come here and apologize for not understanding the context of this message. As to getting your help, I never expected and or used it before, it

Would you agree this is your specific problem?<>And what could make you think that there is more to listen to?And when Dan told you to select the part needing the scaling, and then click heirarchy, and then affect pivot only, and then put the pivot in the center....what in God's earth is non-specific about that?If you are asking how to have scaling action keep the center constant with a non-centered pivot, then I'd say it can't be done with GMAX.Well, don't waste any time experimenting...certainly keep that positive attitude. Maybe if Dan and I go back to basics, study hard how to listen and help folks, then MAYBE (and only then) we'll finally begin to admit the CLEAR TRUTH...that we've only been PRETENDING that GMAX works...the work we've released is all a SHAM...its not real....cuz it couldn't...GMAX doesn't really work.Thanks for bringing me this new awareness. Isn't it a shame that msoft forced us to use free software that sux so bad.Bob B

Hehe...well said. Happy New Year, everyone, and I eagerly look forward to the wonderful aircraft we'll all create this year with our defective, half-baked piece of software. :-waveMatt

>I think you have gone through some of these pains, I see >that the lights in the TB20, a great effort, are a bit off. >I am glad that there are people out there willing to put up >with it.Well, the 'lights' you refer to on the TB20 aren't a product of gmax, but are 'effects' that're controlled by the aircraft.cfg file...The only 'lights' that gmax generates are the fixed white lights on the wingtips (using material name LIGHTS_NAV) and the taxi/landing lights (using material names LIGHTS_TAXI and LIGHTS_LANDING). I adjusted those two lights to not overlap exactly, and aligned them to not overilluminate the ground and wash out the ground textures. That is not a 'fault' of gmax, but rather a preference of the modeler (me). > While I was able to assimilate sufficient knowledge to do >what I want, the process is unnecessarily long and >complicated. It may well be that because I had no previous modeling experience, I didn't approach gmax with any preconceived expectations, but rather simply absorbed what I needed to know as I needed it.That said, there are a few things that I think could have been done differently, e.g., cloning and reversing of parts (aka: mirroring).There are two methods of 'mirroring' a cloned object, and the two differ significantly in their final results. If you use the "mirror" function from the menu, the normals are also reversed, but if you use the 'mirror modifier' from the stack menu, they aren't. This is confusing, to say the very least! The inconsistency in the final results of an operation that uses the same name is frustration personified! :(

Even though I find your attitude in bashing people trying to help you very childish, I will attempt to bring myself the a higher plane to answer your questions.here is your post with my comments inserted IN ALL CAPS.,.."Hi, everyone.I