Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

stuck with some xml code

Guest Eugen

Hi,I am stuck with some xml code that I cant get to work. Seems that only the airspeed is shown ??any help is very appreciated.BrgdsEugen %((A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots) (A:Total weight, lbs) 100000 - 1000 / 0.914 * 171 +)-)%!05d!(A:indicated or true, knots)((A:Total weight, lbs) 100000 - 1000 / 0.914 * 171 +) -

Guest bartels

Apart from the fact that I can't make out what you want to achieve, there are too much brackets in both lines. <String> has a ")" between + and - which won't work. The <Value.. line has an opening bracket "((A:Total..." and the closing bracket between + and -, which won't work. You can't use brackets this "mathematical" way in XML-gauges (they seem to be treated as comments), apart from that the reverse polish notation of XML gauges has already an effect similar to bracketing, provided your formula is correct of course.(A:indicated or true, knots) (A:Total weight, lbs) 100000 - 1000 / 0.914 * 171 + -First (A:indicated or true, knots) is stacked for later use, then (A:Total weight, lbs) 100000 - 1000 / 0.914 * 171 +consists of stacking (A:Total weight, lbs) and then proper pairs of cvalues and binary operators follow, so the above expression is calculated and with the last - the result is combined with the first stacked value: no bracketing needed (apart from the impossibility of bracketing).The resulting calculation is:(A:indicated or true, knots)-((((A:Total weight, lbs)-100000)/1000)*0.914+171)Is that what you wanted? Then remove the unnecessary brackets and it should work.Arne Bartels

Guest Eugen

Thanks it worked! :-)What I am is doing is to calculate different speed values like clean config green dot, vfe, vfe next v1 v2 etc showing them on a speedtape. I was bit tired last night so missed the airspeed oops but you handled it anyway :-). I learned something new about brackets, I had until now always thougt that they are needed to capsule expresion.BrgdsEugen

Guest bartels

Brackets only to get events or variables like (A:...) (P:...) (G:...) (L:...) (>K:...) (>G:...) (>L:...).Or to encapsule experssions within strings, they are always relaed to "%"s. <String>%(...)%!f!</String>Otherwise brackets aren't allowed except maybe for comments...(* this is a comment inside an expression *)...Arne Bartels