Sign in to follow this  

Flexing Wings and Afterburners in GMAX

Two questions folks:1. How does one produce a quality afterburner in GMAX?2a. How does one give wings that "Flexing" ability.2b. How can the upward bending transition be prolonged over a period.... say 50-200 knots?Thanks for any help!Verran

Hi,1/ Never was faced with making afterburners within my projects, so no info from me. But I also interested to know.2/ a/ All the flexing wings I ever saw were bound to gear suspension logic of the sim - that's why they bend when gear leaves the ground. b/ The above actually answers the question... NO - but probably something could be done if you make an invisible gauge that will control some variable which will bend the wings with provided specs. But such a variable is not used with model directly, i.e. spoilers animation could be used to bend wings (and spoilers are absent at the given aircraft). It is just an idea... possibly impossible one :)

Perhaps Mister Rafi could enlighten us on this. His 747 has great looking flexing wings. I'm dying to figure this one out too. :)

Hmm. No but I did just get an idea. What if the flexing wing animation was actually the tailhook animation? I doubt, seriously, there's such a thing as an airliner with a tailhook, with the exception of VC-25A maybe... LOL.And then have a guage that trips the tailhook at a certain airspeed. Then you have the gradual stress.

Good idea, but you would have to find a way to remove the message that says 'TAILHOOK EXTENDING'.