Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

XML custom string variables

HiI'm trying to make my own string variables based on a variety of inputs set in various gauges, and then have them popup and display automatically by a "controller gauge". But I'm not able to store and retrieve the strings successfully.Any ideas on how to store i.e. 'Hello World' (>L:Mystring,string) and have this variable displayed anywhere else? With "normal" %!s formattings all I get is a 0. return?My current workaround is several elements with a series of visible tags to display the needed string, but it doesn't spell good coding :D

Huh? Has nobody really tried this sort of thing? (read: bump :D)

Guest bartels

Tried yes. Solution no.Arne Bartels

Karl,Was (read: bump ) one of the customized varibles you were trying?:-lol

Easy? ;) Didn't find a solution yet, although I'm considering using case tags in a string a just select a string based on an enum value set by the various other gauges.I've used case in tooltips before so I think it should work out ok.

Guest bartels

The use of case to translate an L:..enum to strings looks good I think. The 747 EICAS does similar for displaying warnings, even if quite complicated if{ } els{ } are used there.Arne Bartels