Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Eze Service Pack One, In The Works So Far ...

Guest Fly1

Nothing outrageous, but some have commented that ICONS for ATC, GPS, and Radio would be handy on the panel, so I have put them in.Also I am dabbling with some different trim colors. Blue so far.Onward through the fog.Regards.Bob C.

Guest Fly1

A sample of another alternate paint scheme.Cheers!Bob C.

Guest DaveKDEN

Looks great Bob! I'm enjoying the heck out of your Eze. Any plans for a VC? (mind you - I'm not complaining, as the design is outstanding to date).Dave

Guest Fly1

Thanks Dave. A VC is in the plan, but will take a bit of work. I'll keep you posted.Cheers!Bob C.

Guest DaveKDEN

Most excellent - thanks Bob!Dave

Just thought I'd give a little feedback on the panel.1) I think it's too small - the gauges are hard to read and close to impossible to find the correct clickspots.2) The views doesn't "match" oneanother. I think it is rather important to have a headrotation (VIEW_DIR) that matches. I.e. when looking left one can see the tail. When looking backleft one can also see the tail - but it isn't positioned in the same relation with the background 3D terrain/scenery anymore.3) The package doesn't have reference or checklist supplied. I know, I'm a sucker for checklists.Not something that MUST be done, but well worth considering. Fun plane to fly though, and was something quite different from the rest :) Sort of like that autogyro released long time ago which I still find amusing to fly from time to time :D

Guest Fly1

Thanks Karl for the feedback. Very good points!For me the panel is incidental. The intent was to design a sporty VFR plane with the panel as a reference when landing to make sure the speed was good, etc. The main aspect I wanted was the BIG view out of a bubble canopy, rather than a thin slit like most FS planes.As for the side views, yup, it appears to be about 15 degrees off. Oh well, that was the last part prior to releasing and was rushed. Forum comments were wing views would be nice, and since the VC was not included, I thought I would throw those together as a temporary fix. Sorry for the error.A quick fix is to open the panel.cfg and change the two values as noted below. VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=41VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=2.0, 0.0, 105.0VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=45VIEW_LEFT_DIR=2.0, 0.0, -105.0The drawback is you will loose 15 degrees of view area between front right/left and side view. Your option. (Personally I kind of like seeing the wing when looking to the side. But I know, not totally realistic. Those that use the winglet as a reference to position might have a problem.)Checklist, Hmmmmmm, Kick the tires - light the fires. A few have asked about landing speeds. I have sent e-mails out describing my typicals. These planes are usually fairly hot. Downwind/base - 110-120K, final - speed brake/nose gear - settle plane - trim for best angle, over the fence 100K, over threshold - reduce throttle adjusting as needed for best angle, touchdown approx. 65-70K first third of runway, brake to slow. (Based on wheel landing an actual KR2, somewhat similar.)These items will be considered in any future releases.Thanks to ALL!!Bob C.