Sign in to follow this  

the vary last FSDS2 project EVER

I am no longer going to build FSDS2 planes I have been fooling my self. I am not going to pretend that I know how to build aircraft all I can build is them pinewoods and that is about it so. I will no longer building FSDS2 planes. I have deleted the yak52TW project but kept the backdrops incase when I get good at it I might build it the laser will be built I need the backdrop for it. That will be last project EVER! if anyone would like to have the yak52 backdrops email me at jbherbs@aol.com thanks Greg Busby

Greg,Keep at it man... When I first got FSDS it took me quite a while to figure out things. I'm still learning every project. I started out making "pinwood derby" airplanes at first. Thats ok, it's how you learn the program. the key is to not jump into a complex project right off. My Yak 52 was about the 30th project I eve did and it was extremely complicated and took me quite a while. Start simple with somthing like a Europa homebuilt or something from Rans or maybe a Kitfox. Work slow and before ya know it you will be making those complex models.Keep the chin up pal :-)Brian

Brian find me a 3view of a lancair4P I can build that with no problem I would like your help on it as well

I'll go you one better .... Send me an e-mail at Briglad@aol.com and I'll send you my Lancair IV-P FSC file to use as a starting point :-) (I don't have time to update it for FS 2002)Brian

Brain I just sent you an email I am looking forward to updating your lancair4

If you work with Brian's Lancair, take a close look at Lancair's website. Brian's Lancair is the closest I've ever seen to the real thing--the only thing a bit off is the horizontal stab, which is higher in the "real" Lancair...I'm curious how it works for you. A Lancair would be one of my first projects to try if I were going to model something in FSDS-2.This is a variant of the Lancair, the Eagle, with some crude 3-views to help you get the horizontal stab and other parts in place. The Eagle is a bit unique, in that it has an airscoop, similar to a P-51....http://americanengine.com/livspecs.htmAlso, note the Eagle's cruise.... 340kts....! Almost like having a Citation that can get 15 s.m.p.g!

John SEND me the 3views ok I can work with them to make the BEST FS2002 lancair4 on the planet.

John Brian has sent me his lancair4 to work with as my first project how do I make the windows?

Sadly, I don't have FSDS 2 and have only managed to create a flying tube in GMAX... Although if Brian sent me the Lancair as a first project, I'd be motivated to get FSDS 2! :) I'm sure Brian will see your question and offer some help. His 140 is a work of art.You have a great aircraft to work with to learn more about FSDS 2. I have an FDE for an old FS98 Lancair I found a long time ago. I didn't like the FDE included with it, so I scratch built my own. If you get to a point where you have something that you think you'll upload, let me know. I'll help test it, and I'll send you the FDE....Take your time with this project, and try to put all other projects out of your mind. If it takes five months, but you still come out with something you're proud of, then it's worth it. Also, as you learn FSDS 2 and learn new tricks, write them down. Then post your tricks here. That may really help people like me that have far less experience than you. I saw your "woodie" aircraft several weeks ago. It took a lot of courage to post that. People here are used to seeing finished projects, like the new FSDS 2 '146.... It's great to know that a few minutes work can give something that looks a lot like an airplane, compared to my GMAX efforts...

I had FSDS2 some time before he sent me the Lancair4 I will spend 3 years if I have to. Also I will make a custom panel from brian's email when he gets it.