Sign in to follow this  

Cowl Flap Animation??

Has anyone found a part name to make this work in Gmax?Thanks.Al

Guest odog

lever_cowl_flaps0 Position of Engine 1 cowl flap lever (0=minimum and 100=maximum)lever_cowl_flaps1 Position of engine 2 cowl flap lever (0=minimum and 100=maximum)lever_cowl_flaps2 Position of engine 3 cowl flap lever (0=minimum and 100=maximum)lever_cowl_flaps3 Position of engine 4 cowl flap lever (0=minimum and 100=maximum)cowl_flaps0 Extension of engine 1 cowl flapcowl_flaps1 Extension of engine 2 cowl flapcowl_flaps2 Extension of engine 3 cowl flapcowl_flaps3 Extension of engine 4 cowl flap

Thanks For the info...I had the name right, but for some reason The object won't animate..I am not using Rotation keys, I am using Position keys.. could that be the problem? ThanksAl

Guest odog

hi, try setting the first keyframe to 1 not 0 for position keys.I think a rotation key is prolly best for a cowl flap... since it would rotate down from position.

I will try that.I am using the cowl flap only to move a part, it isn't actually a cowl flap.Thanks for the helpAl

We're using variable "cowlflap" positions for engine 3 and 4 to display ice on the wings, so it works for us, on our twin. Cowlflaps are also working/animated on the Baron, so use its throttle quadrant on your plane until you figure out how to make it react correctly.I'm not the model designer, so I don't know which tags was used on the model.