Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Yak-40 release soon

Hello,I plan to release a new version of Yak-40. If some of you remember my previous version (available at this site), many improvements have been made: some corrections of the visual model (nose, wings base), gears compression and better retraction animation, better flaps animation, loading ramp and thrust reverser animations, creation of a passenger cabin visible both from the outside and the virtual cockpit, creation of a [very simple] virtual cockpit with working levers, correct texture projections and night texturing (FSDS bug fixed in v2), langing light visible from both 2D and 3D cockpits, shiny metal glare...Since this is just an upgrade of the first FSDS1 version, the model is not "the best I can do". In fact, I just want to get rid of this project with all its FSDS1/AircraftAnimator limitations. Well, it is now fully FS2002 compiant and functional but it still not at the level of true FSDS2 models. Now I will be able to dedicate my freetime to better projects: An-72 (almost ready) and An-24 (just started).Sims has painted several liveries for the traffic version of this Yak-40. As soon as I adopt them to the full version, I will upload it to this site.Dimitri

Looks good...can't wait to see it.... Russian aircraft are 'oft neglected in FS, and it's great to see some finally being released again in FS2002 format...Only thing I'd add (or ask) is that the wings be added to the "inside" view (I believe you can copy them and assign them as part of the V/C)...

Last week, Jon's BAE-146, and this week, you have blessed us with this classic aircraft! You are very humble to say it's not your best effort. I think it's flawless... I will post a thread in the screenshots forum in a bit.... One thing I try to do when I fly, is choose an aircraft appropriate to "where" I fly. This hobby just keeps getting better and better, thanks to hard working designers like you.Thank you for the '40....!-John

Thanx John for you kind words, but unfortunately this Yak-40 is NOT flawless... I don't continue with this project also because there is a new one in the air. I saw it at flightsim.ru screenshots forum and it promises to be better than the mine. Well, it's not really bad, this one. And you can see the wings with working mecanics and the engines from the passenger cabin - exactly like you demanded. It has been uploaded to avsim.com yesterday night, so today you will be able to fly it.Dimitri

"...I saw it at flightsim.ru screenshots forum and it promises to be better than the mine..."I downloaded it last night, before my second post. Take a look at my tribute thread in the screenshots forum. As for something better than yours, I guess that's possible. But you deserve credit for what I think is the best aircraft add-on to FS this week. If there are flaws, I can't see any. And remember, many people like me are being introduced to these classic Russian aircraft for the first time. We don't have any expectations, and don't demand perfection. Your model has almost everything a hobbyist would want--virtual cockpit, panel (I love the panel--kept saying things to myself like "I think this is the autopilot). If you feel there are a few wrinkles here and there, it's only because you take pride in what you do--it really shows in this model!-John

Check tomorrow avsim.com for new repaints, they are already announced at flightsim.ruIf you like this Yak-40 you'll certainly like my next model. It is FAR better in terms of quality. Look at some screenshots in this forum (Antonov An-72).Dimitri

Can't wait for both the repaints, and the AN-72.... Love the look of the engines on the AN-72....

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Just continue with this work and I'm going back making Panels for Russian Aircraft :-) Your Yak-40 looks absolutely great and I don't think that there's any reason why you should stop it.Best RegardsMatthias