Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

.air data info

Guest BP

Hi All,I'm attempting to get into understanding the .air file data but am finding it difficult in locating comprehensive information. I looked into the MS SDK's and the recently released AircraftAirFileManager (which I can understand some things). Though good sources, much information is missing as to what the data means or does. I'd like to be able to navigate efficiently around AAFM with greater understanding.Would anyone know of some sources I could look up to obtain indepth info on this stuff?Thanks Bill

Guest BP

Thanks a lot for the links, I really appreciate your help. I had tried the AirEd152 but haven't seen the one from Abacus. I'm going to give the FDEditor a shot tonight. Looks like a great start.Thanks againBill

Guest FelixFFDS

THose are very good tools. For further readings - do check out the flight dynamics readings at Freeflight Design Shop -http://www.freeflightdesign.com - Tutorials SectionThere are several collections of readings on the *.air files (and other flight dynamics). Also important is to catch up on the mudpond site for excellent 1% utilities http://www.mudpond.us/ Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

The FDEditor aerodynamics control file is dated. You would be better off with AirEd. Attached is the latest aired.ini file, just change the name to aired.ini and place in Aired folder.

Guest BP

Thanks everyone for all your information, links and attachments which were a huge help. I think I'm ready to take the first baby steps into this (-:Bill

Guest Ron Freimuth

>THose are very good tools. For further readings - do check >out the flight dynamics readings at Freeflight Design Shop >-http://www.freeflightdesign.com - Tutorials Section >Felix/FFDS I just posted the URL to Herve' Sors' new design site in this Forum. It has links to three Forum sites that have flight dynamics posts. Including a direct link to the Freeflight Design Forum. There are also links to AC information. Sites I use all the time. Herve's site also has some tools (his AFSD) and information. I expect it will grow.Ron