Sign in to follow this  
Mace

To all that are running VISTA....M.S....now offers an XP conversion...

If you take the time to read the details, this is designed for Vista Business and Ultimate for businesses where critical LOB apps have not migrated to Vista yet. This is not designed for the home user who typically doesnt have that same issue.

I've been running my PC on dual boot for few months.Yesterday I've formated the XP hard drive!Bye bye XP and... FS9!!! Hello Vista + FSX with plenty of room on my HDs :--)(I'm not a Microsoft shareholder but deaaaaaaaar Bill, if you want my bank account, please send me a PM!!) *:-*

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Dan G Martin

Hi there Geoff I run both Vista(Ultimate) and XP pro on one of my machines and Red Hat and XP Pro on the other. I do have some problems with some of my 3D apps and Vista but both FS9 and FSX seem to run fine under Vista although it took a fair amount of playing around at first! As for the 3D apps that have problems with Vista I simply run XP Pro. I like many others hope that I will only need to run one Microsoft O.S. but you knowwhat's weird is that I am kinda used to it LOL. Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario.

Interesting! I don't think I will ever purchase Vista. There just has to be a limit on wasting money.

>Interesting! I don't think I will ever purchase Vista. >>>There just has to be a limit on wasting money.Your loss. It rocks. I can't stand to be in xp any more.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

I have been using Vista Ultimate for about 4 months now. I have to admit Vista still has its quirks, but I like it much better than XP.My XP Pro box now sits idle most of the time. It would be difficult to go back.Ron

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

Guest jboweruk

I've gone over altogether, DT and NB both have Vista, NB has Basic while my DT is running Premium, I love it. And most things run with a little perseverance. In fact I've only had a couple of things that won't, and all but one of those didn't run under XP either, go figure.

>I've gone over altogether, DT and NB both have Vista, NB has>Basic while my DT is running Premium, I love it. And most>things run with a little perseverance. In fact I've only had a>couple of things that won't, and all but one of those didn't>run under XP either, go figure."DT" and "NB"? What do those acronyms stand for?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Desktop and Notebook I assume.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Bob Z

As long as we're discussing Vista problems I'll throw this one out there for people who might not be aware of it.If you are running Vista with a Creative sound card, Audigy or X-FI, this might fix sound problems that you might be having running some games. It is not for FS, but it did fix my Oblivion sound problems and is very easy to install and run. There is a list of affected games and download and install instructions on this Creative Labs site.What it boils down to is:The much used and effective 'turn down hardware acceleration' fix in XP is no longer available in Vista. That is why it is not on the DXDIAG screens. This is a Creative workaround for Vista. [http://connect.creativelabs.com/alchemy/default.aspx]

Geez another reason to never to get Vista not that I needed one - mainly due to all the DRM nonsense it inflicts on its users.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

<>Interesting comment...can you be more clear? I am one who thinks the OS should be invisible to me. Not bothering me, not showing me pretty graphics, just letting me accomplish my needs as fast as possible.XP was the first microsoft os I've used that fits that description. I am successful using it. I don't get blue screens...the thing is 100% stable and has been for ages.I don't have pain.Thus, I don't have motive to spend.You post suggests I am just Unaware of my needs, but that I really do have needs going unmet. Can you be more clear?Security and dx10 are the only advantages I'm aware of that hold water to me. The entire concept of running the browser in personal space is logical, but again...NO PAIN here with XP. DX10 looks cool, and money for "looks cool" shows up now and then, but its rare. Seems like by the time I'll see the "looks cool" in a lot of apps, the next os will be along.So, again, what am I missing?The fact is that no matter who is at fault, the period of transition causes impact to users. Until hardware and software are in snych with the OS, there is always some hassle to the user. Most people say in forum posts, hey...I've had no hassle, once I spoke to support 5 times I got the code I needed to....or all I needed to do was download a new driver for this or that.....but those activities ARE impact to me, this IS the hassle. And its not insurmountable, of course, heck we can all go through such an experience but for what? dx10? hmmm..its just not that compelling.Bob

>Interesting comment...can you be more clear? I am one who>thinks the OS should be invisible to me. Not bothering me,>not showing me pretty graphics, just letting me accomplish my>needs as fast as possible.>>XP was the first microsoft os I've used that fits that>description.What about DOS? MS-DOS was the best OS by Microsoft that *I* personally have ever used. :)It was out-of-my-way, it did what I wanted, very quickly, and it never gave me a blue screen of death.When I got Windows 3.0, I got caught up in the prettyness. Woe is me to fall for the guiles of a pretty thing. But it has happened a lot, as is my weakness.>I don't have pain.>I do. My back hurts sometimes. Especially when a Windows app gives me that "Please Send Info to Microsoft" and hit "Don't Send".Somehow, DOS never gave me that message.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB