Sign in to follow this  
Guest robertv

All designers take a look at the this(urgent):

Guest Stefanosg

Downloading is a one time thing, probably 5 min with high speed, and then 5 min to burn each. 5 bucks tops and maybe another dollar to ship it. I didn't see anything about paying for his time mentioned. All I see is "I HAVE DONE ALL THE WORK, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FLY."

Don't worry, I'm not defending him. I think a couple bucks would be more appropriate and I agree that his wording isn't very good. I was just saying that at least he's now saying that it's public domain and if that's true, then it's up to the bidders to gauge its value. Hopefully, now they'll see that they aren't getting much for their money and should just download the planes themselves.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator

>I see its changed a bit. >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3000799864 >>Still slimey if you ask me. >>I see Bill's Socata has been removed from the list. He must >have read the READ ME. I noticed that as well. The Falcon 50 was also removed, and a Falcon 100 was substituted.The Robin DR200 is still listed, but a check of the readme.txt didn't indicate any license restrictions...However, one of the gauges in the DR200 is the klnbro90.gau, and it has the following restrictions:Copyright and Distribution--------------------------This gauge is released as Freeware. Copyright © Coyote Avionics DesignTM, Ike H Slack. As freeware you are permitted to distribute this archive or the gauges contained therein subject to the following conditions :- The archive must be distributed without modification to the contents of the archive. Redistributing this archive with any files removed or modified is prohibited.- You can use these gauges in any panel of your own. You may also freely distribute these gauges, subject to the no money restriction..-----------------------------I think the last sentence sums it up fairly well... "no money restriction.."

Guest robertv

Hi Bill and others,I don't completely agree with you... IF you say in your readme file, or license, that people should not make money with your things, or that it has to remain freeware (free = not cost money), then you most definetly do have a point..Because, he is actualy urning money with what other people have made, because if not for the software, he could have spend endless hours of work on collecting and burning, but no-one buys an empty CD (well, for EUR0.5 in the shop to make burn my own CD's). So without the models he wouldn't urn money.... so the value of the cd... the thing that makes it worth money, are the models that are on the CD.... Anyway, this again shows the reason for which we have to include copyright statements/ licenses. It also shows why we (IFDG) and other groups are so strict on repaint permissions (you have to ask permission), just so we can tell you again and really make sure you know, you have to include the copyright statements on release, so we don't get into this sort of things....Cheers,Robert