Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

Bendix King KN64 DME (with "Freq" Option) FS2002

Dear All,A bit random really - but thought you might just know something or someone!All the FS2002 aircraft I can find use a simpler DME than I have in my Warrior I fly at School. The FS2002 DMEs I have found only will slave from the main Nav Radios 1 and 2. I'm looking for a simulation on the KN64 which additionally allows you to put in a frequency to the DME box directly when in the "Freq" position. (ie Supports modes FREQ-NAV1-NAV2)Do you have an aircraft with such a DME box? Know where to get one?Any help appreciated!Many thanks,Trevor

>The FS2002 DMEs I have >found only will slave from the main Nav Radios 1 and 2. I'm >looking for a simulation on the KN64 which additionally >allows you to put in a frequency to the DME box directly >when in the "Freq" position. (ie Supports modes >FREQ-NAV1-NAV2) That would be because that's all that FS2k2 supports... unfortunately!

Bill,Are you saying simply that the standard DME which is included in FS2002 is a simpler one and people just have generally used that in their panels.... or.. are you saying something deeper. ie are you saying there's some limitation with the API to FS2002 which prohibits making a DME which is switchable from N1/N2 AND it's own local "FREQ" position?I'd program it myself if I had more time. Was hoping someone would take up the challenge!!! I've promised myself to get cracking on my IR and fly my sim rather than fiddle with it too much!Trevor.

Guest bartels

That's what Bill said the Fs2002 API doesn't support "FREQ" positions, because the DMEs are always slaved to the NAVs frequencies in FS. It is however possible (with some trickery) to get HOLD functions.Which is also not supported by FS, but you can store the position of the latest tuned DME and calculate readouts based on this and the aircraft position, which look like DME readouts, but they aren't real ones.Arne Bartels