Sign in to follow this  

XML Qs

Guest bartels

Hi, in addition to Eugens thread, are there any Questions which should be included in the FAQ, preferably some which are answered in the forum of course.My first is, who came to the RELOAD_PANELS trick first? Just to give proper credit.Arne Bartels

Guest harry3

I've some questions, which I never asked, because I've lived with them without any problems. Let's beginn:Maybe a look at a string from beginning to the end. Because this still looks like magic to me!A userdefined L event. Even if I use them very often, I don't understand it at all.e.g.: 0 (L:EHSIKREISEL,bool) ! (>L:EHSIKREISEL,bool) 1What does the 0 or the 1 mean??? What if the unit isn't bool, but enum???What's the RELOAD trick? Do you then don't have to change the aircraft when editing a gauge which is included in the aircraft's panel??? This would be a great thing!!!And then, what does or mean? In my opinion, it doesn't have any function!And then, one more thing:If you have a heading bitmap, eg. in an EADI. It's shifted to the left/right.(depending on the current heading)But if you reach 360

Guest bartels

Damn, and I thought it would be easy....>What's the RELOAD trick? Do you then don't have to change the aircraft when editing a gauge which is included in the aircraft's panel??? This would be a great thing!!! Yes exactly, that's why it is in the FAQ.>0 (L:EHSIKREISEL,bool) ! (>L:EHSIKREISEL,bool) 1I don't know if it helps, but the 0 and 1 are completely unnecessary here.The other question might make their way to the FAQ.>This topic is really great, as you can post all questions you have!So it was my error to start itArne Bartels

Guest Eugen

Arne, I think that it was Roman but I am not sure.Do you put the reload gauge as first gauge first in the panel cfg file.I did try it before and it reloads the panel however until now I thought that I need to change aircraft ie change panel to be able to save changes in the bitmap or the xml file ?BrgdsEugen

Guest bartels

>And then, what does or mean? In my >opinion, it doesn't have any function! As for I do know that it helps to "clip" off gauges that are near to the panel bitmap and that will therefore disappear if not clipped, but I haven't used it yet, so others might have more experience to write a FAQ item for it.As for I don't know, it seems to be related to .Arne Bartels

Guest bartels

Ahem, how should I put it. I seldom (let it be never) do new panels and also I do seldom new XML gauges, mainly I modify existing ones to check effects or try things out. So usually my "reload" gauge is already on the panel. PANELS_RELOAD helps only to view the effects on the previously loaded XML gauges, if you edit the panel.cfg e.g. adding .xml gauges or alter .gau gauges, you still have to select another plane and then swap back. If you want to save the .xml file the first time while the aircraft is still loaded you'll get "interesting" effects. With a previous PANELS_RELOAD everything is fine, save the file PANELS_RELOAD again. If you haven't reloaded he panel previous to the firt saving, you'll get a message along "saving not possible" or so. So first action is panel reload a time or two preventively, you'll need it later.And yes I also think it was Romans idea, but I'm not sure.Arne Bartels

Guest bartels

I recall that there were several tricks to allow events that were forgotten for the XML gauges. Especially ones for the radios and audio panel. Since I didn't do too much with them, is anybody willing to post a question and answer in the FAQ thread? Bill or someone?Arne Bartels

Arne,I don't know whether you can help with this but there are probably several other people interested.How do you make a gauge display over a transparent area of the cockpit window, or is the short answer that you can't. The application that I am thinking of is in HUD displays.If I use a 50% dither pattern on the background I can get it to show up but there is so much detail in the background that only 1/3 of my panel loads on my system (sorry only 384Mb RAM and a GEForce 2 pro with 64 Mb).Regards,Trevor

Guest harry3

Well, I'm not Arne. But I'm Harry :-hahI'm not sure, but maybe try this: render_3d_window=xx->>0 or 1. Should work, but I've never tried!Regards,Harry :-)

Harry,Sorry no dice.That does not affect the ability to display gauges within the transparent area of the front canopy area.So I am still open for other suggestions.Trevor

Guest harry3

Well, I'm sure Arne will know :-)Regards,Harry

Hi Harry,Please disregard my last. You were right that it needs the use of:render_3d_window=1But this must be accompanied by:background_color=0,0,0Also both the "file= " and "file_1024= " lines must be omitted.The size should be set using:window_size=1.000,1.000and the resulting window will then be docked to the full size of the displayed exterior texture. IF the MAIN_PANEL window is displayed it will be necessary to drag the bottom of the texture to the bottom of the screen, otherwise the vertical size of gauges on the panel will be reduced.If the MAIN_PANEL window is hidden (Shift 1) then the window will automatically display full screen.Thanks for your help.Regards,Trevor