Sign in to follow this  
dfish

Project AI or World of AI

Guest dell111

Hi im trying to figure out what one is better. I dont have time to install AI plans myself so i need packages! I have a a new mackbook pro its pretty powerful 2.2ghz chip 2gb ram 128 6800gt so i think it will handle ai fine in fs 2004. Just wondering which one is better!

In the 50% where both produce the same airline - choose the WoA. They don't have any models of their own - they use AIA, EVAI, TFS, FSP models.But you will need both to be close to filling up your skies.

Guest dell111

ok i tryed to instal word of AI but it didnt work can you tell me if I did anything wrong. I installed everything i have the installer and the tools thing. Then when i download an airline package i install it with the installer with the package being in zip. format and everything works fine. After that everything looks fine it gets added to my aircraft folder and it gets added to scenery folder and it is in the compiled section of the tools thing. But when i start fs2004 i only have default traffic anyone know why this is? Am i doing something wrong?

Did you add parking to your airports?The default AI traffic will fill up most airport parking in FS, so you need additional room for the realistic aircraft.Not having enough parking will cause stutters and other issues.Locate the folder Flight Simulator 9SceneryWorldSceneryIn that folder should be several WoA traffic files and a file named traffic030528.bgl which holds the default AI traffic information.Rename that file to the extension .BGLOLD.Then restart FS.Which airline packages do you have installed and which airport are you using to check traffic?

Guest dell111

ill try that thanks, so are you saying traffic wont work at aiports unless i download some afcad files for airports. Thing is not even 1 aircraft i added was in the game. I added bunch of airlines such as american airlines delta Ba air france i added about 15 i believe. Ive checked many places new york la seattle vancouver and so forth. I can fly the planes that were added from world of AI to.

Guest dell111

hm i looked for that traffic file and it is not in that folder or on my computer for that matter. Could that be causing not having the traffic? I still have the default traffic though

Why don't you get Traffic or Ultimate Traffic? I've got UT and added a lot of WOAI and PAI for airlines missed in UT then added GA from Ultimate GA and I've got airports and skys full of AI.Dave F.