Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhLem

Dynamic Shine Result

Guest PhLem

Hello Guys,Just wanted to show the result of me fiddling with the dynamic shine effect on a test model. I like the results so far, but would like to increase the size a bit. I need to find out how to do that.A big thank you to Odog for providing the numbers, I owe you one.Take Care,Udo.:-wave

Guest odog

Nice work guys, they're really coming together!Its a bit of a pain, but I like the effect!Here's my Shine...

Guest Kobie1244

Lookin good Mikko!!!Adding this effect is a "Pain", but as said before the results pay off with all the hard work!Glad to see more people catching onto it!Keep up the good work guys!

Guest PhLem

Nice work indeed, Mikko and Odog. Great looking planes. I know about the pain part. Well, I am of to experiment some more. At least I know now where to to the editing and what.Great work guys and thanks.Take care,Udo.:-wave

Udo,I used values of 0.5 for pretty much everything and it seems to work pretty well at least on smaller planes like this Maule is. The following are my lines after editing:Material fuselage0 { 0.588000; 0.588000; 0.588000; 1.000000;; 70.000000; 0.500000; 0.500000; 0.500000;; 0.500000; 0.500000; 0.500000;; TextureFileName { "maule_t.bmp";Hope this helps...ps. How's the Twotter coming along?Mikko http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/shots/banger.gif

Mikko Maliniemimmniemi@hotmail.com

Guest PhLem

Hi Mikko,The numbers I used were posted some time ago by Odog. I have 99.9 where you have 70 and 0.9 where you have 0.5. Do you happen to know which one affects the lateral size of the shine ? I will try your numbers also to see what effect it will have on the 757. Quite bigger than the Maule :-hahFor the Twotter, the fuse is being redone. The testers weren't quite pleased with some anomalies in the fuse. It was low poly, so cutting left quite some scars. I have upped the sides for the cylinder, and it is looking much better now. This has been a major setback though. If that is done it will be released. I am really looking forward to the reactions. How is the Maule coming along, it is looking very finished to me.Take care,Udo.P.S.The Twotter will be released together with another "secret" project.:-wave