Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

GPS in a virtual cockpit...

A little addition here. To get a bit more realistic looks, you might want to try Ike's real GPS renditions. Here's a couple of examples of what you can find:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/shots/geps1.jpg http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/shots/geps2.jpgJust make a search in Flightsim.com with words "Coyote Avionics Design"Mikko http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/mmniemi/shots/banger.gif

Mikko Maliniemimmniemi@hotmail.com

Guest jlwoodward

These lines in the panel.cfg file will give you a pop up GPS:[Window Titles]Window00=Main PanelWindow01=Radio StackWindow02=GPSWindow03=Switchesand then,[Window02]size_mm=150,250position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=16,16,16VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=gps!gps,0,0,150,250where for the gauge line you can substitute any of those neat units that Mikko shows.Shift-3 will pop up the GPS anytime in the VC.John Woodward

Ok, thanks. The 2-D GPS window already comes up in the VC window, as do all the 2-D windows, including the 2-D panel. I was hoping there was a way to actually render the GPS in the VC like you can with regular guages, but I think that this particular guage won't work properly for some reason, so I will just fake it. Thanks again.- Martin

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Martin,as for 1. the upcoming Reality XP GNS530 and the Flight Line Avionics v1.3 upgrade will make both GPSs render in the VC properly.Hope this helps!

Well, you see, the default GPS is so called 'vector drawn', and these gauges do unfortunately not show up in VC view.Etienne :-wave

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Mikko,the CAD web site is at:www.reality-xp.com/Coyote

No problem.PSS had also that problem with their Airbus series A319/320/321. The navigational display is also vector drawn, that's the best way to display dynamic maps etc. and such stuff. So they had to create two different gauge sets, one 'complete working' for 2D view and another 'fake' one without actual map display.Etienne :-wave

Guest JeanLuc_

Just did a quick search on the forum archives about this topic:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID9There is a running demo of the Vector Gauge in the VC also available at avsim. The latest version of the demo does no longer requires being a customer of Reality XP to run. The download link is there:http://www.simforums.com/forums/display_to...&PagePosition=1Hope this helps!

Hey JeanLuc_, from what I've seen it seems you're a real programmer guru. Do know know how to implement some DirectInput into gauges? I am using BCC5.5, and the DX SDK doesn't help me very much... I am hell no pro at programming.Thanks,Etienne :-wave

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Etienne (Bonjour Etienne?)I don't consider myself being a guru! If it is a compliment, thank you! I have so much to learn and I often share some here with everyone. In fact, it really takes time and attention but at an average 14H/day 7/7 during 6 months for the last project, it represents more than 2500 hours! So it helps a lot!!As for Direct Input, I'm not there yet. Actually I've just started to peek some info for it, but I my memory serves me well, Eric M. which is one of the posters in the avsim link above found out a working solution with Direct Input for keyboard shortcuts a couple weeks ago. I think he is using VC++ though.

>Hi Etienne (Bonjour Etienne?) Nope, there you're wrong! I ain't French, it's just the name! :-) I am am half German - half Italian... :D>I don't consider myself being a guru! If it is a compliment, >thank you! I have so much to learn and I often share some >here with everyone. In fact, it really takes time and >attention but at an average 14H/day 7/7 during 6 months for >the last project, it represents more than 2500 hours! So it >helps a lot!! Whew. Now that's cool... :-eek :-hah>As for Direct Input, I'm not there yet. Actually I've just >started to peek some info for it, but I my memory serves me >well, Eric M. which is one of the posters in the avsim link >above found out a working solution with Direct Input for >keyboard shortcuts a couple weeks ago. I think he is using >VC++ though. However, thanks for the info, if you'd somewhen get the hang of it, let me know! :-) I gotta do a forum search now to (hopefully) find something from Eric you mentioned.Thanks!Etienne :-wave