Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Animation

Guest Hugo

Hi all!I'm kind of new to a/c design. I'm using FSDS2. I'm now into learning the animation process. I have seen a/cs that show a head movement in direction of the turn while one pushes the rudder one side or the other. Somehow there must be a link between this head animation and the rudder activation. In the same order of idea, I'm looking forward to animate the pilot's arm (3 parts - arm, forearm, hand) with the mouvement of the lever stick. Later, I will look to do the same with the legs and the rudder in an as natural as possible in synchronized fashion. Anitmating the stick or the rudder themselve is no problem. But getting the other parts to ride along is something else ;-)I'm doing this on a tube frame UL where everything is visible from the outside, pilot, stick, panel... allCould someone indicate me a link, tutorial etc. where I could find some infos and ideas toward this goal? Thanks for any help,Hugo

For tutorials, check out There's plenty of tutorials there to get you started. Plus, you can check out Abacus's tips page [Link:www.abacuspub.com/fsds2/tips.htm]www.abacuspub.com.WRT the head turning, there are two good ways to do this. The first is to simply name the head "rudder". Then as far as FS is concerned, the head IS a rudder. Your plane can have more than one rudder. The problem with this is that the head will only turn the exact same amount as your rudder on your aircraft.Another option is to give it a keyframe name - lever_pedals_l_r, then you can adjust the animation to make the head turn a set amount - maybe more or less than the rudder. The tutorials describe how to make the control stick move using the keyframe animation, and once you figure that out it will become clear how to make the pilots arms move.Also, search this forum for animation - there was plenty of good info a couple months ago.- Martin

Guest Hugo

Thanks for the links Martin and Milton. From there I'm will most probably find the infos I'm after :-)Hugo