Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Announcing the USAF T-37B Tweet !!!

Guys, will the flight model be accurate in acrobatic simulation of the aircraft? Thats part of the USAF training syllabus for this bird. Main reason I ask is there are a number of approaches you could take quite validly...such as this is a navigation and basic jet familiarization training tool, or is it a true simulation of the airplane in all regimes? In other words...are you going for a specific chapter, or the whole book?Also...just wondering...are you going to sell it to the military?Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I would refer you directly to the freeware FSD T-38. Theres plenty of highly, highly detailed freeware out there. You seen Mr. Oleksiy Frolovs Dash8??? Nevertheless, Im a sucker for the tweet. And especially because the instrumentation etc looks highly specialized.One thing I am intrigued about...tacan. Will this plane introduce an entirely new method of navigation to FS2002? I read it was supposed to handle tacan, but that would mean a whole new nav database would it not?Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Oh, Great! Now we'll need to wear our helmets or ear plugs.This is going to be a "SH" PC flying experience. I can see dozens of virtual FTS's created.Looking for an ASAP launch,Bob

I dont understand why some people are so concerned with getting the external model just right. Let me ask you one thing: will you be flying the plane from the cockpit or from the outside?? If you plan on flying it like a real plane, you wouldn't be so concerned what the outside model looks like. If this was an RC simulator, I can see why you want the outside views to be perfect. Personally, I couldn't care less what the outside model looks like. As long as the plane flies accurately and the instrument panel looks great, Im happy. BTW, this T-37 looks superb. I don't see anything wrong with the visual model. The panel is one of the best ive seen for FS.

Bill, you have seen the screen shot forum right, how many screen shots do you see of them looking from the inside of the plane out?enough said :D

It seems that the folks that will benefit most from the tweet sim are ones that are flying it currently or will be eventually to truly appreciate accurate flight dynamics. Having a nice exterior model is the icing on the cake in my opinion. For the general population it will be a nice blend of both....and for the soon to be tweet drivers...a taste of whats to come! 4 rides to my solo in the REAL tweet..cant wait!Aaron, CAFB 04-02 UPTComp Specs:Intel P4 2.0Ghz (homebuilt)512mb DDRVisontek GeForce3 Ti 200 64mb Windows XP

Guest JonP01

I'm certainly looking forward to this release. Looks like it will make a nice companion for the SF260. I guess this custom sound set is going to serve as a good workout for my new Altec Lansing speakers. I just hope the manual isn't too complicated ;)I'm just curious who you think the publisher might be, as you made mention of this. Will it be a download / CD or both? Sounds like it might be quite a big download for my 56K connection.

Nice, jetnfastI just had my first solo in the mighty TG-10B sailplane today!Just 2 1/2 more years and I'll be in your shoes (or seat or something like that). Have you used MS2002 in any way so far to help you?Good Luck!

I consider this to be commercial advertising and taking advantage of AVSIM's forums. This thread is now closed. DO NOT Post any further messages here about your upcoming product without checking with srstaff@avsim.com first.