Sign in to follow this  

GIMP

I just downloaded the freeware paint program GIMP. Does anybody use this program to paint aircraft,panels or scenery? If so how do you like it?Looks like a powerful program.May be too large a learning curve without any tutorials.Bill

I love GIMP...very powerful. I've found nearly all the tools of the expensive programs....and it's pretty much a do it yourself for learning, there are bbs at www.gimp.org, I beleive.Helps to already be fluent in one of the other programs. Right click will open MANY doors that appear not to exist. When in doubt, right click.Bob Bernstein

Hi BobThanks for the reply. It is good to know this program can be used for work in FS.I have no knowledge of scenery or aircraft painting so it will be an up hill battle to learn this plus the paint program at the same time. I have goofed around with Gimp and looks like it can do most anything that Paintshop or Paintshow Plus can do from reading software specs. I still havent been able to get the hang of layers, I understand the principal but cant get the steps down yet.I,am headed for L.A. this month to get some flying time in a Mooney. I would like to get some pictures of the panel. Then try my had at a photo realistic panel when I get back home.Bill