Sign in to follow this  

V and 2d Cockpits

I have designed a model in fsds and when I look sideways in the 2d view, I see parts of the virtual cockpit. This wouldnt be bad, except it defaults to zoom 1 and the part I am seeing looks way too close. Is there a way in the config file or panel cfg to set the Vcockpit to .5o or even .31 zoom as its default?thanks

Guest Milton

Generally, you do not use 2D views with a VC because of this issue. However that isn't to say it can't be done.In 3D mode shapes tend to bend differently than in 2D mode.However, even though at a fixed position you may hide the 3D VC parts from interfering, if you move your eyepoint in 2D mode, the 3D objects will once again be revealed.It is simpler to scrap the 2D views.With that said, if you wish to experiment, try the Panel SDK Views section. There are 24 different predefined views available, each with a rotation from eyepoint and a zoom.I haven't tried it, but the zooms may also work in the VCockpit section.Milton

I think Desertrat was refering to something else. When he is in the 2D cockpit, and he looks left, he sees the view as if he were in the 3D cockpit. It is important to understand, that he is not refering to the view from his actual VC.If you change the magnification while you are in either 2D or 3D mode, it does not appear to change the magnification when you look left in the 2D cockpit. I can't think of any way to change this, escept to provide 2D "fixed" views for the 2D cockpit. There are some examples of this in the Avsim library. Search for "wing views" and such. I don't bother with this myself, as my pseudo-3D views from my 2D cockpit seem fine.- Martin

You are right about my explanation shaka. On some projects I dont mind using the 3d portion, but this plane has a high wing and the door post at 1 zoom covers 90% of the screen. I was hoping there was a way in the config file to default the 3d view to a smaller zoom. I am beginning to think there is no way of doing it.

I hope I understand your question correctly. I assume you are refering to a {fixed window} side view for the cockpit.In the panel config under {VIEWS} the entry for the window, if you don't have a views section add one like this: {VIEWS}VIEW_WHATEVER_LEFT_WINDOWS=35VIEW_WHATEVER_LEFT_DIR=2.0, 0.0, 225.0VIEW_WHATEVER_LEFT_ZOOM=.50 Then just past the set windows, your fixed ones like this:{Fixed Window35}file=whatever.bmp position=7visible=0ident=35render_3d_window=0nomenu=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000Make sure the IDENTS matchBest Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@iwon.com" A little learning is a dangerous thing"AMD XP2100 |MUNCHKIN512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ]K7S5A MB |[b]GF364 MEG |WIN XP PRO

>I hope I understand your question correctly. >> I assume you are refering to a {fixed window} side view for >the cockpit. He doesn't have any fixed views.When you haven't built any fixed views into your panel, you see the view from the 3D-virtual cockpit instead. This is when you are viewing the 2D window. It seems kind of strange, and I only found out about this behaviour recently by accident since I don't normally use these views.Again, it seems kind of unusual to be talking about a 3D view from the 2D cockpit, but it really works. Check this on any aircraft that has a virtual cockpit, but does not have any fixed views.- Martin

To add to Martins last post, not only does it work when you have no 2d views, it also works when you have 2D views. I have tried adding all direction 2d views but the 3d cockpit gets in the way. I would prefer to use the 3d cockpit for back, side views etc..., but it is at the 1.0 zoom and is just a bit too big.