Sign in to follow this  

Yet another question

I am workin on a Vcockpit and I have stumbled across a wierd problem. I am animating the throt, prop and mixture levers in FSDS2 using the key animation. The mix is ok, but the prop and throttle are not. Even though I kep map the levers to swing about 45deg, they both stop after about20 or so. I can't figure it out. I made sure that key frames were only set at 0 and 100 using the full 45 degrees yet they stop after moving 1/2 way. I have doubled checked for mistaken key frames that I might have set but nothing shows up. I even tried "over rotating" the levers and animating them but they seem to stop in exactly the same place everytime. Anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks

Guest Milton

Yes, try moving the pivot further away from the object. Though the degree of movement will be the same, the distance traveled will be farther.Milton

Make keyframes 0-50 for e.g. throttle from idle to full and frames 51-100 from full to idle.

I had this problem too. I solved it simply by exagerating the movement of the throttle. It might be that it doesn't use all the keyframes to animate the part. Maybe it is only using 25-100, or whatever. Perhaps 0-25 could be used for reverse pitch/thrust? That's just a guess on my part though.- Martin

Guest jlwoodward

Same problem here and there is no documentation, but someone explained it a while ago.For the throttle, full forward is 0, closed is 50, and 100 is reserved for whatever those turbine guys do. Probably the same the the prop.John Woodward

I mapped it from 0 to 50 and it worked great. Must be like John said, the other 50 is for turbine guys. Thanks for the help folks