Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gangi

Gmax PROBLEMS. anyone who knows gmax please try

Guest Gangi

Hey,I posted here somtime already for the same problem.Every time i got very good advices and very usefulls :D that make the problem much less serious Thanks you ;-) ! , but the problems is still here. (see at the picture).Thats what i get after cutting windows and aplying dynamic shine.I tried Face turn but its not helping.I am cutting with boolean (substraction and cut/refine), or shape merge. i removed the smooth from the 2 parts before cutting and they were all Editable poly.I also tried several differant fuselage with more sagements across the windows. (from 2 to each window).Any Advices?Best regards,Aviel

Hi Aviel,I take it you are refering to those last 2 windows in particular, where the surface smoothing seems to have brokendown?Have you tried selecting all the faces and applying the smooth modifier after you complete your boolean cut?Also check that you don't have any hidden co-incdent verticies in there - weld them together if you do.Don't know if this will help or if it addresses you problem, but let us know either way.regards,-elliot

Guest Gangi

Thanks ;)I tried welding and it didnt helped.. i am not sure what you mean by smooth modifier, i tired clearing all the smooth group and auto smooth again. i tired also from the subdive menu to make mesh smooth and it just made it worse.Best regards,Aviel

Guest Milton

Hi Aviel,This is a difficult problem because the nature of the fuse angles there.A couple of things to try here.1. After removing the smoothing of the fuse, contain each of those two windows closely with "pre-cuts" before doing the boolean.2. Do not unsmooth the template, just the fuselage. (not sure if this will help)3. Angle the templates for these 2 windows to be parallel to the fuse side at that location instead of with the rest of the fuselage.Hope this helps.Milton

A bit new to this but perhaps if you split the fuse into more than one section (ir three noose,middle,tail) A increase the height sections on the cylinders this usually sorts that problem for me.just another thing to tryClod

Guest odog

hey, Ive heard it said that its important to work with an editable poly, and not a mesh, when you perform boolean operations. sometimes its just a matter of getting up close on it and look for anomalys, double polys, stacked verts and just plain old uglies. Ill just go and delete anything i dont like the looks of, and rebuild the area by hand (not for the faint of heart!) then push the verts around and build polys till it looks right. sometimes it seems like it will only get SO good, then you just have to move on. I wouldnt look for a magic button or tool that fixes it, just a matter of cleaning it all up sometimes.joe

Guest Gangi

Thank you for your help.I gonna try all those ways and let you know how its working.Best regards,Aviel