Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eugen

Contrariwise moving elements in XML Gauges

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi All,I'm working on a vertical moving Barber Pole for an Airspeed strip of a PFD. Unfortunatetly it doesn't work. The speed strip is moving from up to down and has a red bar on the right side. The Barber Pole strip has a black bar on the right side and should moving upwards on the Airspeed strip and cover the red bar. The next strip is for Vs0 which covers the Airspeed and Barber Pole strip with a red and yellow line to show Vs0. This strip is also moving upwards on the airspeed strip.Here is a part of the PFD code:(A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots)(A:Airspeed Barber Pole, knots)(A:Design Speed Vso, knots)With this code just the Airspeed strip is moving. I could not see the Barber Pole or Vs0 strip. Does anybody find the fault in the code or is it generally possible using a new Element in the already moving element?Hope you could help.Best RegardsMatthias

Guest Eugen

Hi Matthias,I would try to use mask images for all the moving elements.I have done something simular but I used not the barberpole but speedvalues from performance charts. Include a code snip showing the principle. Vmax is 350 kts.BrgdsEugen(***** Vmax under 25000 feet *****)(A:Flaps handle index,number) 0 == (A:Indicated Altitude, feet) 25000 <= (A:Gear left position,percent) 0 == & & (A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots) 350 -

Guest bartels

I haven't checked in detail, but two points on first sight:Only the first element has a MaskImage, since all are somewhat similar as far as I can see it the other two need also MaskImage's. Second I'm not sure about the nonlinearities, from the C gauges I know they need a certain order (small to high numbers), so I'd try <Item Value="0" X="0" Y="1096"/><Item Value="1000" X="0" Y="94"/>instead of<Item Value="1000" X="0" Y="94"/><Item Value="0" X="0" Y="1096"/>To reverse a movement swap the X or Y values, not the Item Values.Arne Bartels

Hi Eugen and Arne,Tomorrow I will try to use a separate mask image for the Barber Pole and the Vs0 strips and will also change the items of them. Hope it helps. Just one thought. If I'm right the mask image for the Barber Pole should be as large as the Airspeed strip (because of the fact that the Barber Pole needs the full range of the Airspeed strip) and not as the Mask image for the Airspeed strip. Correct? I'm going to try it.Best RegardsMatthias

Hi,I've corrected the PFD now but I still can't see the Barber Pole or Vs0 strip.Here is the new code:(A:Airspeed select indicated or true, knots)(A:Airspeed Barber Pole, knots)(A:Design Speed Vso, knots)Well, I think I know the problem in the meantime unfortunately without any solution. It seems that the problem is in the Axis position of the Mask image for the Barber Pole and Vso strip. The Mask image of the Barber Pole is as large as the Airspeed strip and lies exactly on it. But where should I now position the axis? As the Barber pole strip is just a red bar without any values I have to use the values of the Airspeed strip to tell the Barber Pole the necessary position. In my above example I've used the axis poisition X=0 and Y=0 but this seems not to be correct. If I understand the axis position correct it's the rotating point of an element. But now where should I position the rotating point of a red strip which has no values on it and tell him to use the values of the subjacent airspeed strip? The problem seems more complicated than I thought. Hope anybody could help.Best RegardsMatthias

Guest Eugen

Hi again,I haven't tried this but I think from my own work that you should put the axis y = the point of where have the "measure line" in your speedtape mask, is your black tape divided into a 2.2.2 and a 0.0.0 part ? what happens if you comment out the speedtape, will you see the barberpole tape?If you want to you can send me a "testgauge" with some bitmaps and I'll have a look at it and see what I can do.brgdsEugen

Hi Eugen,Thank you very much for your offer. Could you please give me your Mail address as I would like to send you the complete PFD tomorrow as an attachment which is not possible using the Avsim Mail form. If you do not want to post your Mailaddress here please send it to me via the Avsim Mail form. I appreciate your help.Best RegardsMatthias

Guest Eugen

Ok, I have mailed you I'll check my mail tomorrow.BrgdsEugen