Sign in to follow this  

Can someone please explain

Guest Motormouse

how to make first officers'/Co-pilot's panels?I know how to flip the .bmp's etc, but how do you write the new views into the panel.cfg without getting both the 'main' and 'extra' views displayed at once ?Thanks:-wavePete

Guest Motormouse

Forgot to say,so that the panels are 'switchable' in flight ala Bill Rambow'sr4d panel,there, that makes sense now!!

>how to make first officers'/Co-pilot's panels? >>I know how to flip the .bmp's etc, but how do you write the >new views into the panel.cfg without getting both the 'main' >and 'extra' views displayed at once ?The 'key' to having the co-pilot's panel not visible on loading is the line in the {Window01} section cleverly called:visible=0The 'switch' you plan to use to switch panels uses the ident=Radio_Stack_Panel to 'call' the second panel window, and automatically closes the primary panel window.// This Panel.cfg file created by FS Panel Studio - http://www.fspanelstudio.com// Built Sunday, December 15, 2002 at 18:47 FSPS Build:13753{Window Titles]Window00=Main PanelWindow01=Copilots Panel{VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,RADIO_STACK_PANEL,225,10,60,IFR_MAIN_PANEL,70VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=0.8, 0.0, 0.0//--------------------------------------------------------{Window00]file=TB20_Panel.bmp file_1024=TB20_Panel_1024.bmp size_mm=640,480window_size_ratio=1.000 position=7visible=1ident=0window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=TB20GT!Attitude Indicator, 104,223,69,69//--------------------------------------------------------{Window01]file=TB20_Panel2.bmp file_1024=TB20_Panel2_1024.bmp size_mm=640,480window_size_ratio=1.000 position=7visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELwindow_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

Guest Motormouse

Bill, Many thanks.Just one final question, do I have to use the ident 'Radio Stack',I'm already using that for a radio pop-up?:-wavePete

>Bill, Many thanks. >>Just one final question, do I have to use the ident 'Radio >Stack', >I'm already using that for a radio pop-up? You can use any name (or number) that you want, except 0 (zero). The xml command you would use in the "Panel Gauge" is:- - Toggle Co-Pilot's Window50 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) 0 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)Notice that I have specified that clicking on the "Panel" icon will swap between ident=50 and ident=0

Guest Motormouse

see picture,I'm using the 'Collective_Panel' switch at the moment ,but still can'tachieve a 'clean' changeover between images/windows, and not only that,but the viewpoint changes tooany ideas??:-wavePete

>see picture, >>I'm using the 'Collective_Panel' switch at the moment ,but >still can't >achieve a 'clean' changeover between images/windows, and not >only that,but the viewpoint changes too >>any ideas?? Yes, that particular icon switch is designed to only open/close a window.You need to make your own gauge that will accomplish the task. The command line in the .xml gauge needs to be as follows:50 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) 0 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE) This command will simultaneously toggle the window ident=0 closed, and the window ident=50 open. Clicking on the icon again will reverse the process.If you do not know how to open and edit an xml gauge, shoot me an email at n4gix@attbi.com and I'll send you a completed gauge, complete with a custom "P" icon.

Guest Motormouse

that sorted out the switchover,(made my first xml gauge!!)still having problem with the eyepoint defaulting back to defaultsetting instead of the ones set in the {Views} section,I gave mynew co-pilots panel the id 10500 (been reading the Panel SDK).This is how the .cfg reads now,{Window Titles}Window00=Main PanelWindow01=Co-PilotWindow02=Radio StackWindow03=GPSWindow04=Switches{Views}VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,10500,RADIO_STACK_PANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=-.5,0.0,0.0VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=.75Any ideas on what should be changed/added ?:-wavePete

>{Views} >VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,10500,RADIO_STACK_PANEL >VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=-.5,0.0,0.0 >VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=.75 >>>Any ideas on what should be changed/added ? Unfortunately, no I don't. Even the venerable model from which I was first inspired to learn this process suffers from the same problem...As you know, in the "Window00" viewpoint, the 'outside' 3d view is set so that the bottom edge of the 3d view is just below the top edge of the glareshield. For every other "Windowxx" panel, the 3d view fills the entire screen, thus altering the apparent 'view point.'I've never discovered a way around this issue, so have learned to live with it... :(Since you have the SDK, you are likely aware that there are separate parameter entries where you can specify separate zoom factors, x:y:z coordinates, etc. for every possible viewing direction......but, there's only one possible set of VIEW_FORWARD_XX entries, and this technique requires a method to use the same set for two separate 'Forward Views,' which I suspect isn't provided for by the rendering engine. :(

Guest Motormouse

thats' the conclusion I've come to,I tried working with 'FIXED_WINDOW' and 'VIEW_AUX_WINDOW' too,(from the SDK)but that didn't work either.Thanks for your help though,been invaluable.:-wavePete

Hi Pete,The outside view for the main window is set in section &l;Default View&r; SIZE_Y=6143 in the panel.cfg. With this setting, the outside front view will be cover the entire screen behind your panel.For sure the dash board will be too high. To adjust it use the section &l;Views&r; eyepoint=long,lat,vert from datum in the aircraft.cfg.

>Hi Pete, >>The outside view for the main window is set in section >&l;Default View&r; SIZE_Y=6143 in the panel.cfg. With this >setting, the outside front view will be cover the entire >screen behind your panel. >>For sure the dash board will be too high. To adjust it use >the section &l;Views&r; eyepoint=long,lat,vert from datum >in the aircraft.cfg. That's good information, but doesn't address the issue under discussion, which is how to have the outside view NOT cover the entire screen under Window01.The original question is dealing with the altered perceptual viewpoint when switching from Window00 (main panel) to Window01 (copilot's panel).Or are you suggesting that by setting the default Window00 to 'cover the entire screen and by using the Views Eyepoint parameters to make the necessary adjustments, that then both WindowXX views will have the same perspective?

>Or are you suggesting that by setting the default Window00 >to 'cover the entire screen and by using the Views Eyepoint >parameters to make the necessary adjustments, that then both >WindowXX views will have the same perspective?Right on Bill. If you want keep the same perspective with all views you have to adjust the default view SIZE_Y to 6143. this one is strictly for the front view wichever the window panel you are using. In this manner, you'll have the same perspective view with the main and co-pilot panel, the same then when using the W key.PS: Excuse my english, it's not my base language.

Guest Motormouse

I'll give that a try, here goes another evening playing with .cfg files :-lol:-wavePete

>Right on Bill. If you want keep the same perspective with >all views you have to adjust the default view SIZE_Y >to 6143. this one is strictly for the front view wichever >the window panel you are using. In this manner, you'll have >the same perspective view with the main and co-pilot panel, >the same then when using the W key. >>PS: Excuse my english, it's not my base language. Your english is just fine; it is far better than my french! :)I've tried to avoid using the entire screen for the main panel as it does slow down the frame rate significantly...