Sign in to follow this  
JETninja

Lancair Legacy So Far ...

Guest Fly1

Well, I had to put the Acro Sport on hold, since I had to give the plans back to the owner. But I did finish page 1(Pic Below). I am hoping to get a set for myself soon and continue.So to fill the time I started on the Legacy. First time trying to model a fuse and canopy together. It's fair so far. Long way to go.Later Bob C.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Bob.Looks fantastic! How many polys so far?

Guest Fly1

Thanks Fabio. I haven't checked the count, but its going to be a bit high. I am trying to keep the curves as smooth as possible, and still having trouble getting exactly want I'm looking for. That ol learning curve deal. I sure wish Gmax had the nurbs like 3ds Max.We'll keep hacking at it and see what comes up.CheersBob C.

Looks great Bob! Always loved the the curves of them Lancs! Hope you do a few versions...any thought to doing a Velocity some day?

Guest Fly1

Thanks Jet!I too have been partial to the curves of the Lancairs, such as the 320/360. The IV/P, ES, and Columbia are nice but I've always liked the slimmer lines of the early birds. The Legacy being the sooped up version of the 360 caught my attention recently as a nice ship for the next project. Being fairly new to Gmax, I am really battling to get as close as I can to the actual shape. Sometimes I wonder who is going to win. (A couple of recent battle shots attached)As for the Velocity, who knows what the future will bring. My son wants a Glassair III, and I still need to finish the Acro Sport. My plate will be full for awhile it appears. But oh what fun!!!!LaterBob C.

Agree totally on the early lines...I was a big follower of them until the family kept growing then I started following the Velocity and now the Atlantica. I will build something oh..10 years from now maybe...But you have to admit...a IVP would be very cool to fly! :D