Sign in to follow this  
pacosancas

xml gauges for fuel pumps and valves

Hi all,I'm trying to make a set of xml gauges for fuel pumps and fuel valves swithces for my ATR72 overhead panel. 1- For the fuel valve, I used the TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1 event and the GENERAL ENG1 FUEL VALVE variable. The gauge responds OK to the valve status (checked by assigning keystroke to the fuel pump), but the mouse clicks seems to do nothing.2- For the fuel pump, I used TOGGLE_ELECT_FUEL_PUMP1 event, and the GENERAL ENG1 FUEL PUMP ON variable. The gauge is completely frozen in OFF position.Has anyone succeeded with these variables/ event ids.? Any known issuesw with turboprops? (I placed the Beechcraft fuel pump gauge in my panel and doesn't work either). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.PacoStultorum numerus infinitus est.

Hello PacoTakes this one falk.It's already done one my 737.You just have to change BMP and Number's.AfterBurner is a sound. you should cut it if you do'nt use XML sound, by Bill Morad................(G:Var1,bool)(G:Var1) ! (>G:Var1) 0 (>K:TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG2) && (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1)............Speaking about Pump, I think A:nnnnnnnnn is not good. Not sure.Regards. Jean Claude

1) I'm using the fuel valve system on our C421B (normal prop though) for engine priming purposes (fuel valve remains closed unless priming has been done on cold engines). I'm not sure how turboprops are affected by these events though.2) I don't have any difficulties using the fuelpumps, I have fuel pressure with pumps on and engines off. Maybe it is an aircraft.cfg/.air file issue?

Hi,Thanks a lot, but still same problem here. I will try to investigate as Karl is pointing out.PacoStultorum numerus infinitus est.

Hello Karl,Regarding the fuel valve, it's strange that my gauge responds to the valve position when turned on/off by a keystroke, so there seems to be not a turboprop incompatibility or aircraft.cfg/.air files problem. It is anyhow worth to have a look in that direction, so I'll investigate it. Thanks a lot.Mmmm I'd rather first test my gauges also on teh cessna where your gauges do work. Maybe I've made (again) a stupid mistake like typing FULE_VAVLE instead of FUEL_VALVE...;-) Those are the kind of mistakes which I'm never able to detect even if I check 100 timesPacoStultorum numerus infinitus est.

I found the mistake in the fuel valve: There are tow syntaxis that are correct: {Click Event="TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1" /}or {Click}(}K:TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1){/Click}I was mixing up both, and was using: {Click}TOGGLE_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1{/Click}which obviously wont work.There is an explanation for this mistake: I use xml notepad for editing my gauges. Its a very handy application but makes it rather easy to make this kind of mistakes, as version 1 (good) and 3 (bad) only differ in one icon when seen in xml notepad.Now I need to investigate the pump issue. It must be an aircraft.cfg or air file issue (or even worse, a turboprop incompatibility), as the Beech baron gauge does not work in my aircraft.Thanks a lot againPacoStultorum numerus infinitus est.PS how do they do to post here messages with the correct signs instead of { and }?

Paco, Look in the air file and make sure it has 1520 (FS2000 Fuel System). I had the same problem you have until I added this section from the Beech Baron air file to mine.The fuel pumps need this section for the K:Event to work.Chris

>>PS how do they do to post here messages with the correct >>signs instead of { and }? >>http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID9>Q7 A7>Arne BartelsOf course, an even easier way to to check off the box "Message Format" when sending your reply. It will automatically disable conversion... :)Of course, it also disables ALL special codes, such as the 'smilies' also! :)BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

I've been able to use the fuel valve codes on all pistons I've been working with, although I use them for priming purposes only.One point to try; Fly the C208 into icing conditions (overcast needed) and note the decrease in airspeed over time. Open the throttle panel and hit the inertial separator. The power and speed drops, and nothing more seem to happen. Turn it back off (normal). When the speed builds up again, hti the h-key to activate anti-ice system. This activates the inertial separator, AND turns on prop anti-ice which lacks a switch (by default). If memory serves me correct, I believe the normal anti-ice (structural?) is still in off position.To check the fuel valve thing; make a switch and means to monitor the setting, string or switch graphics. Hook it into a C172 and it "should" work fine. With the switch turned OFF, hitting Ctrl+E will turn it back on as part of the autostart sequence.