Sign in to follow this  
Guest sammn2002

Gulfstream V update

Guest sammn2002

Looks great ,i look forward to flying it! Could you also check your mail

Looks nice--I hope you clone the wings and control surfaces to be part of the virtual view.... More than that, just wanted to say how great the '5 looks! Hope you show us some more!-John

There will be a virtual cockpit and a virtual cabin in this bird. And yes the wings will be cloned.Paul Felz

Can't wait to see it--from what I see now, it looks excellent. Keep us posted!Regards,John

Guest Vulcho

In the MSFS forum, someone posted a topic about biz jets.I said I wanted a G V done in gMAX. Well what do you know...:DIt looks awesome!Alex.ERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Please do me a favor. Make it so the inside of the cockpit and interior is very dark as in photos. Most designers these days make it so it looks like there are bright lights on inside the cockpit during the day and it really detracts from reality. Also I don't see the need for transparent fuselage windows as you can never see inside these things during the daytime and a lighted texture for the windows looks VERY convincing IMHO and saves on frame rate and model complexity I'm sure. This model looks very nice, thx for the great work....looking forward to this for sure!! You got the nose shape perfect! :)Hornit

Thanks for the kind replies. As for the nose shape,after the 9th different fuselage, it best be right! :D. I will look into the darkness of the cockpit. As for the transparent cabin windows, I am unsure if I will make a see-through cabin. As I look at cloesups now, I see you point. If the windows have a lot of shine, they will look real. The area inside the door will be modeled because there will be an opening door.Paul Felz

Looks great Paul, glad to see everything is back and running...

Here is one more update showing the engines and fans.Paul Felz

Great work? Can I ask what are the included features for the jet?Richard Diamondr.diamond@i-sixsigma.net

Guest CX001

She looks great! :D I see those birds almost every day over at Long Beach(KLGB), and flying ovehead on the runway 30 localizer. They are VERY quiet, compared to the C-17s that usually gome and go. :-lol

What features will be on this bird? Hmmm. Good question. :DThis is what I'm planning to do:Fully animated model with opeing door, compressing struts, roll spoilers, etcFully Functional virtual cockpit and cabin. I'm looking into making some feature similar to a DVD player or Airshow 2000 etc to show on the screens in the cabinAccurate flight model tested by Max (GIV and GV Pilot). He has been great in providing info for this project.Dynamic shineA panel made as accurate as time and freeware will allowAnd all the other FS2K2 goodies I forgot to put in here.Right now I'm perfecting the shape of the belly/wing joint. Its a tedious process of trial and error, check and refine, and I probably won't post any more pictures until the visual model is almost done.Paul Felz

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to the release.Richard Diamondr.diamond@i-sixsigma.net

Hey Paul, i tell you what, I cant wait till she gets done, i have some new performance numbers that we have been testing and are about to present to Gulfstream, cant wait to see this thing do it too ;). Any luck on a panel designer yet, i have a whole mess of stuff put together for it that i took from all my manuals. Let me know if you need anything, later man :-beerchugMax

Max,Those numbers sound great, the project is really picking up steam now. Sammn2002 and I are working on starting a group around this project. I think we have two painters now that are willing to paint to paint this bird when she gets done. As for the panel designer, Sam had some in mind and said he would be in touch with them. I have next week off so I should be able to get a lot done on the visual model. I will probably(definetly) need your help when it comes to the animation process, and of course the flight model. GLad to see everyone excited as I am about this project.Paul Felz