Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

steerable nose wheel behaviour - any other part names?

I've tried making a steerable nose wheel with partial success in FSDS2. I've tried using both c_wheel and c_wheelsteer names, but I am slightly unhappy with the result.Basically, the wheel doesn't steer unless the plane is moving on the ground. I've noticed this behaviour with stock aircraft also. So, is there any way to make the nose wheel steer while the aircraft is stopped on the ground?... and I'm picky - I don't want to use the rudder part, since the nose wheel turns more than the rudder.- Martin

Guest Milton

c_wheel is supposedly more realistic as the nose wheel doesn't turn while stopped, and the feature also allows turns on a dime. The limit of the turns is set in contact point 1. This technique is a bit digital looking for me, and also if 120 degree or greater turns are desired, it makes taxi and rollout less controllable.The old rudder technique is the only other one I am aware of, however, there is a solution if you care to do it.Set rudder deflection to to better control taxi and steering, then in the air file, adjust rudder sensitivity and response to compensate.Milton