Sign in to follow this  

Please, I have question about repainting with Adobe pho

I am repainting a aircraft in photoshop format. It has layers but the question I have is how to type or put numbers and letters on the plane!! I have tried a couple of different approaches but nothing seems to work I sure is something simple. I will be happy with any help. Thank you:-)

u need to create txt as a new layer, and delete the background when u do the txt.I'm no expert though- i want to know how u keep the rivets, lines etc on the original aircraft without painting around them which takes a very long time!! :shttp://skyline.skytecaerospace.com/avsimsig.gif

There's a text tool on the tool bar. Look for the capital "T". It creates a new layer automatically, at least it does in ver. 5 on up, then you can move the text into place as you would an image. The backgound should be transparent already. If you're re-painting an aircraft, painting around panel lines and rivets is almost impossible. You may have to make a panel line and rivet "template" the hard way, by tracing over the existing lines and rivets on seperate layers. Once you do, though, you can reuse it many times.Good Luck;telephile

Or, you could select the color to apply with the eyedropper tool, then select the airbrush tool, change its mode to "color" and apply to the surface. Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I usually use teh text tool but then merge the text layer down to a blank layer then do things like scaling and change it to multiply or color so you keep some of the background elements like rivets and fuse joins.Hope that helps