Sign in to follow this  

XML....KEYBOARDS KEYS FOR I NPUT

Hi,can someone help me to solve this question?So may I put a KEYBORDS KEY (i.e. CTRL+Z or others) in a xml gauge to generate the same effect if use it from keyboard?Have you some samples?ThanksMassimo

Guest bartels

AFAIK there is no way to simulate an arbitrary key combination with xml gauges. On the other hand, all key combinations that can affect FS are somehow mirrored in the K: events. For your case it would be (>K:READOUTS_FLIGHT).Arne Bartels

Thanks, Arne.So I have this problem:for i.e. I must link my personal bitmap to the autothrottle switch function in 767-300 Wilco that run in FS with SHIFT+R.So please can you describe me the syntax sequence for my target?Thanks again.Max

Guest bartels

That depends, if it is a Wilco specific key sequence you can't make it with a XML gauge, if it is the standard "arm autothrottle" function of FS itself you can use (>K:AUTO_THROTTLE_ARM)So the strategy is, try to find the event to the aforesaid key sequence (e.g. just try to assign the sequence to a new event under Options->Controls->Assignments, if it is already used you'll be informed) and then search the list of available events in k_events.txt in xmlgau01.zip or in EventIDs.doc of the FS2002 PAnel SDK for a matching K: event.Arne Bartels

Hi Arne,unfortunatly is not so easy.Below you can read the associated keyboard keys in 767-300 WILCO.I just tried some "by-pass"....but CTRL+F the same in 767-300 and FS2002 original aircraft "Flight Director" TOGGLE_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR event don't play. In sperimental panel the two switches with different bitmap (Wilco original and my bitmap) have (only for FD) the response key but with combined kyboard key. Another switch (i.e. auto throttle) come back when i try with keyboard key. Stay attived only the original Wilco.Please can you suggest me what I can do?If you wont any gauge to work in, please contact me via e-mail.Thanks again.Max767-300 Pilot in Command=== KEYBOARD KEYS ====These are the default keyboard sequences assigned to the PIC panel mouse clicks. For you convenience, you can change them by selecting under PIC menu. __________________________________________AutoPilotsLeft AutoPilot ACenter AutoPilot SHIFT + A Right AutoPilot TAB + ADisconnect Bar Z Flight Director CTRL + FAltitude HOLD Mode CTRL + ZVertical Speed (V/S) Mode CTRL + P Flight Level Change (FLCH) CTRL + I Vertical Navigation (VNAV) CTRL + V Lateral Navigation (LNAV) CTRL + NHeading Select Mode CTRL + H Heading HOLD Mode CTRL + J Localizer (LOC) Mode CTRL + O Back Course (BC) Mode CTRL + B Approach (APP) Mode CTRL + A Altitude Window (+) SHIFT + CTRL + Z Altitude Window (-) CTRL + TAB + Z V/S Window (+) SHIFT + CTRL + PV/S Window (-) CTRL + TAB + P Heading Window (+) SHIFT + CTRL + H Heading Window (-) CTRL + TAB + H __________________________________________AutoThrottleAutoThrottle Switch SHIFT + RAirspeed (SPD) Mode CTRL + M N1 Mode SHIFT + CTRL + N Go Around (GA) Mode SHIFT + CTRL + G IAS/MACH Selector SHIFT + I Speed Intervention SHIFT + CTRL + MSpeed Window (+) SHIFT + CTRL + V Speed Window (-) CTRL + TAB + V __________________________________________Thrust Rating PanelTake Off Power CTRL + F5Climb Power CTRL + F6Derated Climb 1 CTRL + F7Derated Climb 2 CTRL + F8 Continuous Power CTRL + F11Cruize Power CTRL + F12 __________________________________________Flight Control SurfacesManual Stab Trim Up 7 (Num Pad)Manual Stab Trim Down 1 (Num Pad)Left Stab Trim Cut Off SHIFT + CTRL + 7 (Num Pad)Right Stab Trim Cut Off SHIFT + CTRL + 1 (Num Pad)Alternate Gear CTRL + GAlternate Flaps CTRL + XLeft Yaw Damper CTRL + DRight Yam Damper CTRL + TAB + DWing Anti-Ice SHIFT + CTRL + F7__________________________________________NavigationInstr Source Sel (+)

Guest bartels

>Hi Arne, >>unfortunatly is not so easy. >>Below you can read the associated keyboard keys in 767-300 >WILCO. >>I just tried some "by-pass"....but CTRL+F the same in >767-300 and FS2002 original aircraft "Flight Director" >TOGGLE_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR event don't play. In sperimental >panel the two switches with different bitmap (Wilco original >and my bitmap) have (only for FD) the response key but with >combined kyboard key. Another switch (i.e. auto throttle) >come back when i try with keyboard key. Stay attived only >the original Wilco. >>Please can you suggest me what I can do? >Not much I have to admit. If there are coincidents between "Wilco" key combinations and FS2002 you can have luck and they are the same and usable with the method I described. A look at your list showed, that there are a lot of new combinations that simply can't by made with XML gauges, and also use variables that aren't acessible by XML gauges tho you can't build replacement gauges. And finally there seem to be events that are reused, but behave differently like the auto throttle behaviour you described (strange, I know I did something like that already, so others have the same ideas).XML gauges can only use the events and variables of the SDK, so you can't trigger certain keys and can't read internal Wilco variables. You can possibly trigger the key combinations in C style gauges (with certain effort), but also not read the "Wilco" variables, so it might not help much, sorry.Arne Bartels

Hi Arne,so I thank again for your suggest, any way I have another question or if you prefer a sample exercise.Please see the attached picture.So is possible to assign a sequence for any bitmap?I hope so!!Can you try type the common lines.Time of total sequence (1,2,3,4 are the bitmap attached)****1----3 "****2----1 "****3----2 "****4----4 "Thank youMax

About previous request, I wont clarify the follow:Gear down: first and third bitmap attached simultaneously, then fourth, then ......The second bitmap is for gear up lights out.ThanksMax