Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewW

Using Left/Right fuel selectors only?

Guest AndrewW

I'm planning out the design of the Concorde fuel panel. The aircraft only takes fuel from the collector tanks, not the trim tanks. In FS, you can only select either the left fuel tank, or the right, not both. If I were to design a gauge, which switches between the KEY_FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFTandKEY_FUEL_SELECTOR_RIGHTEvery 5 secs, would this work? Would the key commands interrupt other gauges on the panel? Any thoughts would be appreciated! Andrew

First, I have no idea how a Concorde works for real.As for interruptions, the only problems I have came across is using _SET type events (i.e. SPOILER_SET) on a continous basis. It will prevent all functions that the builtin _SELECT event does. That is, Shift+E+2 will work as Shift+E+1, trying to open exit #2 will cause exit #1 to open etc.So, if you are building a fuel gauge, engine and exit selection will give an idea if fuel selector setting will interrupt anything. However, doing a set event once every five seconds would work, but setting it continously for five seconds wouldn't, unless you're willing to sacrifice that functionality.See the SDK for which values are available to a fuel selector.

Guest AndrewW

Hello Karl, Thanks for that suggestion - I hadn't thought of that!I have researched how the real system operates - and have also worked out a way that this can be simulated in FS, all I have to do now is create it! I'll make the gauge so that it just switches the fuel selector every 5 secs, hopefully this will simulate the desired effect. Thanks again! Andrew