Sign in to follow this  

Reflective v. Transparent

Hey guys,I recently did a repaint of the POSKY CRJ and was able to set up my alpha channel for reflection just fine.Now I am working on Chuck Lamb's excellent EMB-120 with the help of Tony Radmilovich's paint kit.I tried creating an alpha channel and saving it just like I did with the CRJ, but it makes the plane transparent, not reflective!What did I do wrong? :)

One possibiliy to consider may be the program with which the EMB-120 was made. If it was FSDS 1.6, you won't be able to enable reflective textures, which, I think, are part of the *mdl. The alpha being seen as seen as transparent in your repaint is a good clue. You're doing fine, but you may be out of luck on the EMB-120.telephile

HiI had the same problem today, so I searched this forum and found the reason ie FSDS 1.6. Is there a solution to this problem that anyone is aware of?Thanks P

Yes...design a new EMB-120 from scratch in gmax or in the new FSDS.Other than that, no. Reflective textures is a feature that must be built into the model. If the model designer didn't put it in, it's not there, and there's nothing you can do about it. Older aircraft don't have it because it was not possible to include it with any of the older design tools.Matt

Hi GuysCurrently I am trying to put reflective textures on a gmax plane. I use PSP7, DXTBmp and imagetool. I have painted the plane and all is OK at that point. I then go through the process of adding the alpha channel.When I tried this before by adding an alpha channel to the textures on a different gmax plane it all worked fine. But this time my texture becomes transparent and not reflective............Is there anything that I can do about it please? :-)RegardsPaul :-)

Paul;Does the stock aircraft reflect? Even if it's a Gmax plane, reflective capability has to be built in, not added on later, I believe. The fact that you've done it before means that your technique is correct. That it's coming up transparent seems to indicate a non reflective aircraft.Best;telephile

HiI have come to the same conclusion today ie a non-reflective gmax aircraft.CheersPaul :-)