Sign in to follow this  
Cessnaflyer

A380 at CYUL on NOV12 RWY 24R!

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi,just heard the news on TV! the A380 (don't know which company) will be landing at CYUL on Nov 12 runway 24R.The very same day, I land in the morning at CYUL on my trip back from Avsim FanCon! I wanted to get back home, but I may stay at the airport all day after all LOLCan't wait to see it landing!!

How do those TV people know which way that plane is going to land a month away? Is that plane only allowed to land on one runway in one direction there? And if so, what is going to happen if the wind blows the wrong way?

Singapore is getting one shortly.JimCYWG

Guest JeanLuc_

Well, they just said that thanks to the help of someone which seemed to be knowledgeable in aviation.As far as I've understood, it seems it has to do with the runway capability and the wing size, as if it were landing the other way around, it wouldn't pass at some points.They already have prepared the terminal with dual jetways.

Guest Rockcliffe

Incidently, Air France is running a contest to win a return flight Montreal to Paris on the A380. The details were in the Globe and Mail this morning.BlairCYOW

Guest JeanLuc_

IIRC, Air France has 3 flights a day LFPG-CYUL, I guess the A380 is economicaly viable for them on this one!

Quite frankly, I don't see how the A380 is economically viable on ANY route. :) But I guess it is, or they wouldn't be putting it into revenue service.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest saltcoats

My friend, who works for an airline that has 380's on order, told me this summer that the first North American airport that will have paid 380 service will be Montreal/Dorval thru Air France. He expects it will replace the three daily Air France flights.