Sign in to follow this  

HELP with these textures, please look at the picts.

Hello, I have done a few repaints now for FS2002 (posted in AvSim under Leon Louis) and with this new one, I crashed against a brick wall. I did new liveries for the wheel and ski version of the Skywagon with no problem,but now, the floats version is a problem for me.1- I do not know how to access to change the color of the pontoon struts since there is no bmp for it. (see picts.) There must be some code somewhere I guess.2- I cannot figure out this alpha program or reflective textures and also, my knowledge keeps me in the 256 color range. If I try to save a file in 32 bit it does not work. (I am using PSP 7). To paint the floats is not a solution either. Painted floats are a rarety and the finish would resemble that of the flat grey ones. With these limitations, I am restricted to a single grey for the floats and it does look horrible as in pict No 2. I tried to weather them and this does not work well either (see pict 1)Help please. I am eager to do well.Leon Louis

Drop an E-mail to Mikko (the planes designer) Remember these are Pre GMax/FSDS 2 planes so the DO NOT support reflective textures. PSP cannot save in 32 bit mode. FS 2002 doesn't see 24 bit textures. your best bet is to use Martin Wright's DXTBmp program to save the textures in either 16 bit or DXT1 with no alpha channel.Brian

Thanks BrianThe magic word was DXT. Worded perfectly. Look at the pict.Trying to upload now but for unknow reason, I have been having lots of problems uploading. It scrolls to the end but stops there.Anyway thanks again Leon