Sign in to follow this  

My first XML

Hello designers,I am flying with the Fokker 100/70 http://fokker.avsim.net/Before landing you have to turn the auto brake knob to 2, arm the Lift Dumpers (Spoilers) and the (Speed Brakes) Auto Brakes Pressing Shift + / and Shift + T does the job.I would like to make a button on the panel to do just that.Making te bmp's for it is the least of my broblems.The problem lies in making the xml to do this.It would be my first xml btw. :-)Can anyone lend me a hand setting this up?It has to set the involved parameters Toggle them if neededshow another bmp saying "Armed" etc.Sofar I found in the K_EventsSPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE My guess is this is for the toggle SPOILERS_ARM_ON what are these for? SPOILERS_ARM_OFF ,, ,, SPOILERS_ARM_SET Is this to set (arm) them?I can not find anything that enables the auto brake arming just yet.I would be very pleased if I could have a brief set up for such an xml.Roelof Kruijer

Hi Roelof,Just a suggestion: unzip the file gaugesboeing747-400.cab to a temp folder.Study:- Autobrakes Switch.xml. Gives you the autobrake events.- Throttle Quadrant.xml. Shows you a.o. how to show/place multiple bitmaps in one gauge.- And others, if you need more. All of the boeing747 panel is written in XML, so you can use them as examples for almost every construction you can make in XML. About Arm-Spoiler Events:- ..._Toggle events toggles the variable from one state to the other.- ..._ON events set the variable, so independant what the previous value was. So SPOILERS_ARM_ON sets the autospoiler.- ..._OFF events reset the variable.- ..._SET events. I'm not sure about that. I think they are a left-over from older FS versions, and allows you map axis with discrete values (like a POV switch) onto variables. But I don't think there is ever a need to use them.Groetjes, Rob

The _SET command allows you to set the spoiler to _any_ level of extension, it is not limited to on or off. Verify this by taking the 747 out for a spin :)(A:INCIDENCE BETA,radians) 16384 * (>K:SPOILERS_SET) would map sideslip angle directly to the spoiler.ON and OFF commands doesn't need a parameter, whilst a SET commands does.

Thanks a lot Gentlemen,I will quickly disect the 747 and see what gives.I'll report back to you even if it does not work! :-)Roelof

Hi,Here I am again answering my own question. :-)>Sofar I found in the K_Events>SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE My guess is this is for the toggle >SPOILERS_ARM_ON what are these for? >SPOILERS_ARM_OFF ,, ,, >SPOILERS_ARM_SET Is this to set (arm) them?>I can not find anything that enables the auto brake arming just yet.Why on earth should I try to arm the auto brake? That looks like looking for a horse while sitting on one!That's why I couldn't find it. :-)Roelof.