Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Question regarding ATR42 to Mr. F. Sanchez-Castaner

I downloaded your great ATR42-500 but I've read it's for MSFS2002PRO.I have the Standard edition, may I install it? Coould I have some problems?If not, could you suggest me some modification, if possible, to use it with MSFS standard edition?thaks for your answerCiao Marcello from Italy

Marcello,Yes, you can install it. What you will be missing are all the referenced King Air gauges, that are not a part of FS2002 Standard version.You have two choices, find alternates for the gauges or wait until summer when the next version of MS Flight Simulator will be released. The indications are that MS is only going to sell one version, so everyone will have the same aircraft and gauges.

Thanks for your answer, I installed it, but I can see all the gauges in the panel.The only think I can't do is to find where to change the frequencies of the NAV, the COM and the Squawk.CiaoMarcello

Open the throttle panel, they are on this panel. If you don't see the radios, open the panel.cfg file and look for &l;window02&r; . You can try changing some of the listed gauges.

Yes, I open the trottle panel I can also see the radio, but I have no active buttons to change the freq!!Thanks for your helpMarcello

Frequency changes are made on the red numbers themselves. If you place your mouse on the red numbers then you should get a hand(+/-) to change the frequencies.Your problem may be the result of not having FS2002Pro that the gauges are referenced. Do you have the kingair_radio.gau in your fs2002 gauges folder. If not, try using some other gauges.Another area to look at is the aircraft.cfg file. It needs a radio section:&l;Radios&r;// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slopeAudio.1=1Com.1=1, 0Com.2=1, 0Nav.1=1, 0, 1Nav.2=1, 0, 0Adf.1=1Transponder.1=1Marker.1=1

Mr. Sieffert Thank you very mutch!!I resolved the problem just finding the kingair_radio.gau from a friend and copy it in my gouges folder.Now it seems to work fine!!I noticed that it's harder to fly compared for example the Fokker 70 from the great Fokker project, but may be is just a personal impression because I think is more unstable.However thanks a lot for your helpCiaoMarcello P.IVAO n. 131051

Read and reread the fine document Paco included. I have to review it if I haven't flown his ATR42's for awhile. Also use the checklist for the entire flight.