Sign in to follow this  
Guest sphing

MD8X Cockpit Project

Hello everybody!I think everybody knows that there is one aircraft which over-represented in the real world, but not in Flight Simulator: The McDonnell Douglas MD8X-series. Paul Golding has done a good job giving us an MD8X panel to use with the models available, but Paul's panel hasn't got everything. Therefor my idea was to create this one complete and accurate MD8X-panel for Flight Simulator, including an overhead, throttlequadrant and everything else available in the real MD8X-aircrafts.We are looking for people with gauge-programming skills to complete the team which are to finish the task. We've already got two programmers, one texture artist and one 3d artist in the team.We've got one pic to show you, to prove that we are very serious about this (It's a test-rendering of an MD11-panel). Enjoy...

Hi,finally someone....MD8X.....!!!???Please contact me skymaster@inwind.it

Looking very interesting,..if those two last pictures actually are from an ongoing panel project that is. ;-)If so, can you give us all some additional info regarding the project?Fly safe, :-waveStaffan AhlbergFreeware Flight GroupStockholm/Sweden/ESSAhttp://hem.passagen.se/primeavi

Staffan

Great!!!I was about to give up on the MD8x panel at all for fs2002. I was to the point that I was looking for ANY good payware, freeware, anything to get a good panel. If the previous screenshots are of the panel it is going to ROCK! Let me know the status of the panel I will test if you need me to.Please keep me informed on this...PleaseJKS

JKSteger and Steffan are you missing the subject? A group were looking for programmers and this one guy just showed he is skillful to join the team. I think there isn't anything more annoying that "kids" begging for release dates and progress... You just scare these guys away. Now if he would post new ,even more promessing shots it wouldn't take long before you were calling him 1 a.m asking "Hows the panel, will it be released soon?".That's the reason why many groups are doing they projects in secret and post preview shots just when they are very sure when the release date will be. Let them do their work without bothering and let people who can help the team post this treadh.Btw. When this will be released!?

There was a good word to describe this kind of posts. Let me see... Aah, yes, the word is: Flamebait.A troll might be good aswell considering the last sentence. ;)

Sorry,I was just giving encouragement that there WAS people out here that would support a good MD8X panel and we thought that it was a great idea...you know giving a little fan support! I will be sure from now on not to let anyone know how much people out here would appreciate a good panel.Sorry to offend anyone...JKS

>I think there isn't anything more annoying that "kids" begging for release dates and progress... >>Btw. When this will be released!? :-roll :-roll :-roll

Can't be that hard to stay on the topic?Btw That was a joke doh.... i'm not expecting this untill a year. If these guys even started cowork.

Duh... Well, I assume my gauge skills are far too low for ya, but whatcha have there is just getting great! At least the MD11 shot. :-eekWay to go!! :-hahGood luck anyway,Etienne :-wave

Hello frazerI entered yesterday in this forum looking for some info about gauge programming, because I also wanted to create a realistic MD-8X panel.I sincerly would like to help as much as I can in this project, and I think I have some ideas wich could be very interesting:I actually work in an airline company as a cabin crew in this aircraft, and I would be able to bring some (legal) info for this project: aircraft/cockpit sounds, aircraft system and operation manuals, checklists...If you are interested, contact me: sumppeli@hotmail.com

Guest sphing

Hi,I've been working on an DC-9-41 project for quit a while. I've attached a small pic of the throttle quad. (very similar to the MD80)The overhead panels are also almost Identical between these two airplanes.I've already begun mapping out the schematic for the programming.Perhaps we could share info between our two projects?