Sign in to follow this  

XML Puzzle

Hello,In the Fokker 100/70 http://fokker.avsim.net they use lift dumpers i.s.o.spoilers. These doors as they are called will come up during landing only and cannot be applied while airborn. You can only arm them while up.Shift+T are the keys to press. However, there is no way that you can see that they are armed! I looked it up in the FS2002 Key assingments and saw that this combination toggles Wing Fold/Unfold.A bit surprised I thought I'll make a little thing that would show the status of this and came up with the following:(A:LEFT_FOLDING_WING_PERCENT, enum) 80"/> 80"/> Indeed. Right at startup it shows the little Wing_UnFolded.bmp I made saying OFFOne would expect that when pressing SHIFT+T you would see the other bmp saying ONNone of that. It keeps showing the first bmp. LEFT_FOLDING_WING_PERCENT N 0 - not folded; 1 - folded.RIGHT_FOLDING_WING_PERCENT N 0 - not folded; 1 - folded.I am puzzled. What paramater, Variable or whatever is being used to arm the lift dumpers to come in action at touch down? Since the Fokker is not supposed to land on an aircraft carrier this wing fold thing may not toggle at all but then... how do they do it?Maybe I got this all wrong. Very likely. ;-)If someone could shed some light on this I would be very happy.Roelof

I don't know the Fokker 100/70, but for wingfold to work, I think something has to be set in aircraft.cfg and/or air-file. G for toggle gear doesn't work on a C172 simply because it doesn't have it, if you know what I mean.If the Fokker 100/70 has C coded gauges, I can only guess that they have made that specific keypress available from within the gauge. I don't think that a "keypress" (not to be confused with an "event") possible from xml. I believe there was another thread somewhere that described this better,.Edit: Normally, althought the specific Fokker 100/70 might be differently coded, is to use Shift Star (Shift *) to arm the spoilers (aka lift dumpers). Might be different on your keyboard if you're not a norwegian :) Check the assigns again.

Hi, KarlI don't know the Fokker 100/70, but for wingfold to work, I think something has to be set in aircraft.cfg and/or air-file. G for toggle gear doesn't work on a C172 simply because it doesn't have it, if you know what I mean.Yes! If the Fokker 100/70 has C coded gauges, I can only guess that they have made that specific keypress available from within the gauge. I don't think that a "keypress" (not to be confused with an "event") possible from xml. I believe there was another thread somewhere that described this better,. The Fokker is C coded. However you may assume that a keypress or combination of such, sets a parameter somewhere. That paramater can be read by XML. The solution would be a utility that shows all FS2002 paramaters in Excell or something, at a given instant. Than you would be able to see what changed. You may also build a very big panel with all the parameters on it. :-)Edit: Normally, althought the specific Fokker 100/70 might be differently coded, is to use Shift Star (Shift *) to arm the spoilers (aka lift dumpers). Might be different on your. keyboard if you're not a norwegian Check the assigns again. They are using the Shif+/ to arm the speed brakes. This is normaly the spoiler key! Thanks anyway Karl, It looks like something that can not be solved easily at this time.Roelof