Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

xml COM problem

Hallo,Is there a way in XML to show, toggle, which COM-Radio is transmitting?"Receiving both" is no problem.I use a switch and this one moves, when i use the 777 audio-panel.Whatever k-event i try, doesn't move the switch or changes the indicator light.The A-Var is: (A:COM1 TRANSMIT,bool)and (A:COM2 TRANSMIT,bool).Janhttp://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4...75aouncN_th.jpg

>Hallo, >>Is there a way in XML to show, toggle, which COM-Radio is >transmitting? >"Receiving both" is no problem. >I use a switch and this one moves, when i use the 777 >audio-panel. >Whatever k-event i try, doesn't move the switch or changes >the indicator light. >The A-Var is: (A:COM1 TRANSMIT,bool)and (A:COM2 >TRANSMIT,bool). Jan, I have had no trouble with these. Perhaps this will help: (A:COM1 TRANSMIT,bool) (A:Avionics master switch,bool) &&As you can see, I am displaying an LED whenever COM1 is selected, but that could just as easily be a switch. Please note that in FS2k2, that switching to COM2 will automatically toggle COM1 TRANSMIT,bool to 0 for you, so you do not need to allow for that case (they are mutually exclusive by default).

>Fr. Bill, >>Thanks, but the real problem is the click-event. >What K-event must i use to toggle, choose, between COM1 and >COM2? >L Var's didn't work sofar. >The switch or LED is then not a problem anymore. >(Same problem with ADF active and standby freq.) Ah ha! I had quite forgotten that the k_events for the COM functions are inoperative in FS2k2... :)Just before his untimely death, Bill Morad graciously provided me with a C++ gauge that will 'intercept and convert' unneeded k_events and act as a substitute for the missing k_events for the COMs. That is why those commands will look strange... :)You can d/l the KMA28 gauge from my website and it will have the needed gauges included, including the 'clicksounds'http://www.catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS200...XML_Gauges.htmlPlease feel free to make whatever use you wish with the files, as they were intended to be freely available for anyone to use.

>Fr. Bill, >>I can be terr. wrong, but in your KMA 28 gauge, i cannot >switch between COM1 ans 2 either?! >Of course i have the whm-kevents gauge and the xml-sound. Did you "install" the whm-kevents.gau on the panel you're using? Just put it on the panel at 0,0 if you wish since it's invisible anyway.If the gauge isn't present, then nothing will happen... :)

>Fr. Bill, >>I have, but the switch doesn't work. >(not that it is so important, but i'm busy with the radios >since 3 weeks) Jan,I assume that you did follow the instructions?To use the KMA 28, you must put all gauges in the ../Gauges folder of FS2002, and add the following lines to your panel.cfg file for the aircraft you wish to use:gaugexx=TB20 KMA28!KMA 28, x,y,h,wgaugeyy=XMLSound!XML-Sound, 342,565,23,18gaugezz=WHM-kevents!XML-kevents, 342,569,23,18Have you tried using the included KMA 28 Audio Panel to see if it works first? If it works OK, then your problem may be a syntax error. This gauge works for everyone who's d/l'ed the Socata TB20GT aircraft, so I suspect a syntax error in your .XML coding... :)

>Fr. Bill, >>You won't believe it, but when i try to load the Socata >there are no gauges???? >I think i installed everything ok. >>Stop trying for the time being. If you didn't d/l and install the Service Release v1.1, then there is a mistake in the aircraft.cfg file... :(In the entry for panel, I accidently left a test entry...panel=test (or new, I don't remember which...)Simply make the entrypanel=and save the aircraft.cfg file. Everything should now work OK.

Frather, You are a real shepard, so much patience with a stupid sheep.Brought your Socata to KGCN and buzzed the canyon.This summer september my wife and i were there and flew with GCAirlines.Amazing how real the fs2002 scenery is.By the way, the radios are OK!So i'll try to incorporate the xml in my 767 pedestal.Janhttp://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4...75aouncN_th.jpg

>Frather, >>You are a real shepard, so much patience with a stupid >sheep. >Brought your Socata to KGCN and buzzed the canyon. >This summer september my wife and i were there and flew with >GCAirlines. >Amazing how real the fs2002 scenery is. >By the way, the radios are OK! >So i'll try to incorporate the xml in my 767 pedestal. Wunderbar! :-doh Isn't XML great! The code is highly portable, you just need to remake the graphics... :-wink

Well....After being busy with the radio's i finally found something concerning the problem, but didn't solve it.Choosing between com1 and 2 after all was not the problem, it works OK, until.......the Autothrottle is engaged.Not the Autothrottle-switch is the causa, but the Speed- and Mach hold switches.Has probably to do with the xml-code for the com1-com2 selector in the audiopanel(Throttle3 and 4 Full).Well........??????????Janhttp://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v4...75aouncN_th.jpg

>Has probably to do with the xml-code for the com1-com2 >selector in the audiopanel(Throttle3 and 4 Full). >Well........?????????? That is exactly right. I never paid much attention to which a/c you were building this for, but sadly this "fix" won't work with 4 engine a/c (jet or prop) simply because of using those k_events for the translation...Someone clever will need to create a new K_event.gau that uses other k_events as 'triggers' for the COM1_SELECT, etc. events... :(For the same reason, the XML_Sounds.gau cannot be used in a Concorde project (since the translating events used are for the "Concorde Nose/Visor extend/retract" events...Sorry about the confusion and the dead end...