Sign in to follow this  

What FX Apply to AI Aircraft?

I notice that AI aircraft do use some fx, such as the prop effects, the landing gear retraction/extension and the wheel spin.Do AI aircraft use wheelsteer or engine start (fx_engstrt.fx) effects?If they can use wheelsteer, do I need to have a wheelwell or make the rudder operational? (I am currently starting with c_gear_upper, which links to c_wheelsteer, which links to c_gear_lower, which links to c_tire.)If they use engine start fx, how do I activate it? If not, can they be made to use smoke fx? And, if so, how is that activated?Thanks.

Nevermind.I was advised elsewhere that these effects do not apply to AI aircraft. Those teeny pilots can handle only a limited workload.Phil

Guest InBetween

I have no AI modifications at all, only default AI..Last week a default 737 took off in front of me and pulled upvery sharply, dragging the fuselage briefly on the runway...The plane continued normally except for trailing gray smokefor 30 seconds!JR

I am trying to create special AI aircraft that have as few points and polygons as necessary. For example, if wheelsteer does not work, I can leave those parts off.Sounds like I need to just continue to watch the sim to see what fx are available.Also, sounds like some of those fx pilots are dangerous!Thanks,Phil