Sign in to follow this  

Damage model

Can anyone tell how MSFS handles the Damage to a plane?I mean, If I have a podstrike with the default 747 then the wing simply breaks off and you crash. Can you have several levels of damage? E.g. If you strike the ground with your wingtip, can you model the wingtip breaking off or being damaged. I would like to have some info on this because I want to implement an extensive damage model to my current project. I was thinking of things like:- Collapsing gear- Folded props after contact with the ground- (Small) parts of the aircraft being torn off- (Small) parts of the aircraft being dented- etc.... Any ideas welcome. That is if it's possible at all...Perhaps some macros or eventshandlers... I don't know. Can someone enlighten me on this one?

Since CFS has damage modeling, FS2k2 may have some. If you examine some of the default textures, you'll find some with damage. I'm not sure to what extent this is supported in FS2k2, though.To see visual damage, if the textures exist, you'll have to set visual_damage=1 in the &l;fltsim.x&r; section(s) of the aircraft's cfg file.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Guest odog

ok, this is gonna be a long one, keep in mind this is going from the MakeMDL SDK, not from personal experience...Part Names (Aircraft Only)Any part with a part name from the following table will be visible only if the associated aircraft part is also visible. here's the naming convention...Part name Aircraft part pilot PILOT l_wing LEFTWING r_wing RIGHTWING l_wingfold LEFTWING r_wingfold RIGHTWING l_wing_tip LEFTWINGTIP r_wing_tip RIGHTWINGTIP l_wingtip LEFTWINGTIP r_wingtip RIGHTWINGTIP lwingtip LEFTWINGTIP rwingtip RIGHTWINGTIP tail TAIL l_tail TAIL r_tail TAIL tail_l TAIL tail_r TAIL nose NOSE nose1 NOSE engine0 ENGINE0 engine1 ENGINE1 engine2 ENGINE2 engine3 ENGINE3 l_engine ENGINE1 r_engine ENGINE0 Damaged Texture Part Names (Aircraft Only)Any part with a part name from the following table switches to being textured with the damage texture if the associated aircraft part is not visible (for example, not attached to the aircraft). Note DamageMaps (damage textures) are valid only on aircraft models. The base texture file must end with

Thx Joe, I'll experiment with those and let you know the outcome. Won't be soon though, I'm overloaded with work right now.