Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

GIZMO CHALLENGED!!!

GLAD TO HAVE DISCOVERED YOUR FORUM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS. I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS. SOMEDAY I MAY BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME. I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR THE GMAX EXPERTS. HOW DO I RELOCATE THE GIZMO TO THE CENTER OF MY PROPELLER? TRY THIS ONE AT HOME. DRAW A CYLINDER IN THE FRONT VIEW SAY 2"RAD. 36"LONG. GO TO THE TOP VIEW AND SELECT THE CYLINDER, SELECT WORLD VIEW AND USE TRANSFORM COORDINATE CENTER. SELECT ARRAY. SETUP ROTATION TOTAL "Z"=360 AND 1D TO 6. CLICK OK AND YOU HAVE 6 COPIES "SIX BLADE PROP" NOW SELECT ALL SIX CYLINDERS AND CLICK GROUP FROM THE MAIN MENU. YOU NOW HAVE GROUP 01. HERE THE GIG. SELECT THE OBJECT NOW AND CLICK TRANSFORM AND THE GISMO SHOWS UP IN THE CENTER OF THE SIX CYLINDERS. GREAT FOR A SIX BLADES PROP. NOW RERUN THE SAME SENARIO BUT ONLY ARRAY THE CYLINDER 5 TIMES IN 360 DEG. THE TRANSFORM GIZMO FALLS BELOW THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE TUBES CENTERS. WHEN YOU PUT IT INTO THE SIM IT ROTATES LOPSIDED. HOW DO I RELOCATE THE GIZMO TO THE CENTER OF THE GROUP OF BLADES? AFTER FIFTEEN HOURS OF STUDY AND TRIAL I HAVE NOT DISCOVER THIS SIMPLE PROCEEDURE. AND HELP IS APPRECIATED!!! BY THE WAY JOHN GREAT WORK ON THE LAKE!!:-beerchug

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Steven.Not sure, since I haven't tried (too early in the morning ;-)), but how about this?1 - Array your stuff2 - Group it3 - Go to Display Tab, click on Affect Pivot Only4 - Click on Center To Object5 - Unclick Affect Pivot OnlyA variation of this could also be done where you have the propeller hub, or a spinner, some object that will be at the center of the array. Then, you can group the blades and move their Pivot to the center of this object.Again, not sure, this is coming from the top of my head, so I wouldn't bet on it.P.S. How about some small caps next time? ;-)

Thanks FabioI found the Affect Pivot Only buttom in the hiearchy tab. I also need to rotate the axis of the tires. Now it's time to see if it works in FS2k2.

Gizmo ReportThings are looking much better, Thanks!:-bigangel

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Steven.Yes, Hierarchy tab, what was I thinking? Anyways, good to know things are working! Could we have a peek at what you are working on? ;-)