Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanielBu

I'm in need for fighter jet flight dynamics!

Guest DanielBu

I'm modelling a YF-23 stealth fighter, and the gmax-model is almost finished (cockpit is to be finished plus some detailing), texturing was kinda done but I'm re-texturing the thing. The main problem I have is the absence of a decent flight model. I've already tried my best but it still flies like a brick on crack when it's going fast...and it DOES go fast ;)So if anyone here has the skill and is willing to help me out, I'd be very grateful. Thanks!-DanielPS: Ill try to attach a gif to give you an idea of the model, the small in-game shot is an outdated version.

Guest DanielBu

Well I tried using AirEd and another one (can't recall the name), but they wheren't of great help to me...I also tried the flight model workbook, but that didn't work out.But the airfile manager looks very promising, I think I'll try that! So thanks for the link! :)-DanielPS: My "offer" is still stands though ;)

Guest IanK

Hello Daniel,a bit busy now but go to the airfile board for lots of good advice. Also search the old board over the last 3 years in case your questions are not unique.You need to better model the engine performance and the Stability derivatives!Ian

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Well I tried using AirEd and another one (can't recall the >name), but they wheren't of great help to me... >I also tried the flight model workbook, but that didn't work >out.>-Daniel I have problems getting jet fighters to work well when set with realistic dynamics parameters. However, I have managed to hack some 'other' supersonic jet FD files to be more to my liking. How fast does the "YF-23 stealth fighter" fly? I think I ran into some technical information on it, or a similar AC a while ago. I might already have some jet fighter FD files similar enough to your YF-23 so I could modify them a bit and at least get something reasonably flyable. Email me at ron.freimuth@att.net and maybe I'll find time to come up with something. Some specs would help a lot, in particular LG locations are important for ground handling and TO rotation. Of course, dimensions, weight, speeds, range, etc are also important. Ron

ahhhhh!!!!!!!! it's so beautiful, I've been praying for one of those ever since the YF-22 was selected (and I realized I would never fly the real thing :() anywho, I really hope u manage to complete it (btw, it flew mach 1.8 max speed with AB, 1.7 in supercruise)

Guest DanielBu

Look ma! I'm flyin'! Oh God one engine is missing! waaaah!(It's good to have a digital camera :D)Thanks for all of your replies! I appreciate it!

Guest DanielBu

OK here's just a little update: