Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Latest on the Legacy ...

Lookin good Bob, If you can find a copy of this months EAA Sport Avation magazine.. it has a full pirep on the legacy prototype.Brian

Guest Fly1

Hey there,As always, much appreciate the kind words guys.Fabio, I'll send you an e-mail in a short bit.John, the smoothness is one of the main things I am trying to go for here, but this on is really taxing a newbies abilities. I'll keep pluggin along though. Hey Brian. I haven't gotten my March issue of Sport Av. yet. That will be an interesting read for sure. Thanks for the heads up.LaterBob C.

Guest Fly1

OK, so I've been playing with the specular light a bit. Only testing for now. Ooooooh, this could be kind of interesting. Just a couple of samples.LaterBob C.

Beautiful work!! What program are you using to create the bitmaps? Are all you bitmaps on one sheet like the typical FS aircraft? How much money do I need to spend to get the tools to do this to my new FS aircraft. Your a true artist!!:-beerchug

Guest Fly1

Thank you sir. I have to admit, being a newbie to all this development stuff, I am still doing separate textures, using Paint Shop Pro, and coverted with DxtBmp to add the alpha. I will get into serious mapping a little later. At the moment I am still struggling with getting the model the way I want it. (Though I do get side tracked every once in a while.) Major resource for tip's and technique's, the forum you are in at the moment. Great guy's and a wealth of knowledge!!!!!!!!!!Breath Deep ... Fly High ...Bob C.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Bob, man, you are doing such a terrific job with this plane...The shine looks excellent! Adds a lot of realism to the sim, huh?Oh, on a critical note: I do think it is a bit on the bluish side, the reflection, that is. My friend has a Harley, and when he painted the tank, he added mother pearl powder to the clear coat, so his relfections look sort of like the ones on your plane. So maybe play around with the colors to see what kind of different reflections you get.Man, this plane is such a beauty...

Guest Fly1

Bingo Fabio, you hit the nail on the head. That is what I am trying to do. Please note the picture of the Legacy below. The reflection above the wing gives a maroon/purple appearance to the bottom color, but notice on the wing tip it has a blue green tint. May be hard to see in these shots due to size. Some pictures I have seen of this plane the fuse color itself has the blue green tint. I realize this can be due to surroundings etc.This led me to try and simulate a two tone finish, as you described.Still experimenting. Aim to have it very subtle.Oh, by the way Fabio, I have sent you two e-mails this week. Did you receive either one?Later Bob C.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Bob.I realize now what you are trying to do, an gotta tell you, it looks VERY close to the real thing! I would tone it down a bit, though, but after seeing these real shots (and yes, it was very visible, even though they are small), I think you are headed in the right direction.Sorry Bob, no e-mail shere. Try miguez@virtualwideroe.com