Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

I'M SO EXCITED...

Guest christianholmes

Well, I can't think of anywhere else to post this since this would only be exciting to pilots/simmers...As some of you know from reading my posts about my flight training, I am getting divorced- my ex had an affair on me. She never wanted to go flying or anything, so that always bugged me. However, rather than do some crazy vindictive stuff- I took the high road... I let it be and moved on, and just became the bigger person. I started reconnecting with my friends and family, and taking time to help others. Well, I believe in karma now. After giving up my barstool to a couple- they hooked me up with their friend, which led to another chance encounter with another woman. Basically, I have met (what I consider) pretty much the perfect woman. She is GORGEOUS, smart successful, young, and exciting. She can't wait to go flying, wants to learn to snowboard, wants to travel etc.... I guess things happen for a reason. So we have been talking about going flying and she keeps joking if she is going to need a scarf and leather flying helmet along with a callsign. She said she would be Goose, and I would be Maverick :) So I did something cool and ordered some hats from Sportys embroidered with Maverick and Goose on them. I can't wait to get them, she is going to crack up. I decided to make a few other serendipitous purchases as well- instead of spending $50, I spent $1300 on the hats, Lightspeed 30-3G headset, Garmin 96c GPS, and some new Rayban Aviators :) So I'm eagerly awaiting the UPS truck.Anyway, I just never believed that I would ever find anybody who TRULY appreciated me for what I am- an intelligent goofball who just loves life. And she is going to be the hottest co-pilot on the planet!I figure with all the negative in people's lives and on TV I'd post something positive for a change. Just remember- good things happen to good people!

Guest colsie12

I feel for you man I really do. At least you have found someone new and better remember in a plane you just cant park and go intot he bakc in mid air. Sorry if that offended you.

Best of luck there Chris. JimCYWG

Guest PARADISE

>I feel for you man I really do. At least you have found>someone new and better remember in a plane you just cant park>and go intot he bakc in mid air. Sorry if that offended you.Ah, but there is the autopilot......ever hear of the "mile high" club?;-) John

I enjoy every one of your posts, this is no exception. I've been married to the perfect woman for over a dozen years now. When your instincts tell you that you've found the one, your instincts can't go wrong. I haven't been present much in the forums, as my wife and I had been going thru a personal crisis. We had a home on the market--you know what that means in the current U.S. economy. We found our attraction to each other grew as things seemed more dire. We did not know if we would ever sell our house--we would lower our price by 10K, and the local resale market would lower theirs by 20K. Somehow thru this crisis we became like newlyweds again. We discovered strengths by being together that we never knew we had. And our home just sold, last week. In spite of today's economy, we came out alright.I knew from the second I first heard my beautiful wife speak that she would be the one I'd marry. When you find someone who truly appreciates you and you have the courage to make mention in a public forum, more power to you!"Just remember- good things happen to good people!"And good people share their insight, as you just have :)Regards,John

Guest colsie12

"but there is the autopilot"Yes, but what aircraft is it it might not have an autopilot. Infact excuse my boreing history here but when the first autopilot was tested everything went fine until then pilot and his wife went to the back they came back autopilot had faield and where in a dive. Someone please correct me on that though. Thanks Colin.

No offense and I'm glad for you don't get me wrong, but it generally ticks me off when people talk about karma when something good happens to them. And like I said it's a nice story, but I definitely don't believe in karma, I've been good, I've helped old people, built houses for the needy, signed up to fight and die for my country been a nice guy to all the girls I've been with, and instead of something good happening to me I get dumped on, time and time again. I'll report back if something good happens in my life, but don't hold your breath.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Jeff; There's hope for the future:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301736,00.htmlCheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob you made my night. :-xxrotflmao :-xxrotflmaoJeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD