Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grey_Wolf

Too Bouncy on rough terrain

Guest Grey_Wolf

I've been trying to modify the ground handling. I've stared to much at SDK's and fourms, I feel like I'm going blind so I'll finally ask. Sorry If i'm overlooking something right in front of my nose. The aircraft when taxied on rough ground will start bouncing on the nose wheel and unless you stop movement you get a prop strike. the type should be able to handle the terrain though. I've been through every part of the contact points in notpad also through CFG Edit I havn't found anything that seams to fix this. So what have I overlooked? Or what have I looked right at and missed?Having funGrey_Wolf

Guest Joe

Have you looked at the Aircraft SDK, page 23, with regard to contact point 11 where it says...This ratio describes how well the ground reaction oscillations are damped. A value of 1.0 is considered critically damped, meaning there is little or no oscillation. A damping ratio of 0.0 is considered undamped, meaning that the oscillations continue with a constant magnitude. Negative values result in unstable ground handling, and values greater than 1.0 might also cause instabilities by being over-damped. Typical values range from 0.6 to 0.95.Which aircraft are you dealing with? What's it's zip file number? If I have it, maybe I could look at it and see what I can come up with.http://myweb.cableone.net/joesumralliii/hook5.gif

Guest Grey_Wolf

I'll give your suggestion a try. I thought I expierimented with those before, the nose wheel is at 6.0 and the real wheels are 6.77, its the MU-2. I'm actually having fun trying this on my own, I just reached my own wall.To much info in those SDK's to asorb...Having FunGrey_Wolf20 minutes later....It worked. I either did'nt change those values before, or did'nt change them enough.Thanks a lot!